Trailer Bunks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malcolm Smoot

Reaction score
I was reading info on easy loading on bunk trailers and someone mentioned putting cooking "PAM" on the bunks. Did that today after unloading the boat. Boy did it make a difference. At least I didn't get a hernia cranking the boat up the last foot or so. Able to crank the boat up with one hand and not with both hands, shoulders, back, and legs - you get the picture. Another question - how often do I have to do this? Is there another product that last longer??

Mal, don't use "Pam" it's vegetable oil, and will get rancid, and slimy. I use reg silicone spray, it works awesome, and it's water proof, and stays on for a while. You probably have to re apply it every ten to fifteen trips.

If you use spray the bunks with anything, don't unhook your winch strap til the boat is in the water. Lot's of people have sprayed silicone on the bunks and then had the boat slide off onto the concrete.

Frank

Rick,

You can get generic at Wal-Mart for a couple bucks a can. Works great for many other things too. I spray down my spark wires and entire engine block on the outboard while winterizing. Be sure to cover carbs though. I also use in the body and sway bar/ front end bushings of our vehicles. Helps them last longer and not squeak.

BE VERY CAREFUL, if you use it on my new patented alloy jack nuts. It will weaken the integrity of the alloy thus allowing UV rays to slowly corrode the metallic properties, which winds you up with nothing short of broken jack nuts! Not a pretty sight! Plus it voids the 12 hour warranty.

Not to mention that it makes them too slippery to handle properly.

Latest posts

Back