STEP(S) FOR NITRO TRAILERS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have come across a number of folks on various Sites (Threads) where they have asked about various Steps for their boat trailers. Nitro Trailers included.
There are several videos on You Tube where Steps for Nitros are shown by folks attaching Nitro Boat covers, etc. There are many manufacturers of Steps out there
from single, double, triple to four Steps attaching to trailers. When it came to Nitro trailers, there weas the question of What and Where to obtain them.
I saw a number of Steps on Nitro trailers at dealers, BPS and Independent. However asking the Sales Personnel I was advised to ask the Service Dept. When asking
there, I was advised I must have the trailer Serial Number. They in turn went to WR Marine or? Anyway, I received info on everything from three steps to four steps and
further questions by WR Marine.

Asked the Independent Dealer I purchased the Boat from who advised the correct Single Step with Hand-post for the Nitro trailer under my Z17.
The part Number is: 312826. Price, (hang on!) $328.11
Plus tax etc. One Heavy-duty step and Post. Attaches to 3" X 3" Winch post.
Look familiar?
This part fits the majority of Nitro trailers up through Z 21. (furnished with Pro Models) (See Internet photos, videos, BPS Nitro Literature, Show floor models, etc, etc).
Verify and order with your BPS or Independent dealer. They will order through WR Marine.

I had previously purchased a Versa-Step kit VSK-01 to mount "under" the trailer tongue to keep my 80 year-old feet from becoming wet when loading my boat.
Now, I incorporated it into the Steps for boarding. Easier for the wife (Boss and Boat-driver) too. I will move it back two inches to be a little closer to the Nitro Step.

Attachments

• IMG_0232.JPG
    IMG_0232.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
I think the Trick Steps are the best. I put them on my 1996 nitro savage trailer. They really help me when loading and unloading the boat onto the trailer at the lake or or at home getting in and out of the boat.

Attachments

• Nitro 896 Savage (11).JPG
    Nitro 896 Savage (11).JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Nitro 896 Savage (14).JPG
    Nitro 896 Savage (14).JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Do any of you notice a "vibration" o
Pulling the trailer from the pole wabbling in the wind? When i picked up new boat i did notice it wasnt tight to bow guide, so maybe it wasnt keeping that arm stable?

Pulling the trailer from the pole wabbling in the wind? When i picked up new boat i did notice it wasnt tight to bow guide, so maybe it wasnt keeping that arm stable?
I have them on my 2021 Tracker V175 combo,, 4 step.. have never felt vibration. Love the steps, game changer for loading trailer and just general in and out…

Here are mine on 2021 Tracker prov175. I have no issue with interference from them while
Trailering/launching. They do not even reach hinge on breakaway tongue

This is what I made for a step. I have total about $150.00 including machine shop cutting and bending the top plate. The handle is 2 1/2” muffler pipe, rubber tread plate cane from harbor freight. I may still have the PDF drawing for the top plate.

I have not noticed any wobbling or vibration on mine while traveling.

Like i say, the factory didnt have the boat snug to the guide, there was play on the handle, actually vibrating bad, next time I load it tight and travel should be good I hope.

Thanks for input.....

I have the BOAT EFX steps on my nitro trailer. No interference and no wobble that I have noticed, BTW, my knees are 70 yrs old.. I moved the tongue to the right side due to my garage limitations.
20230125_123118.jpg

Back