Tracker Leaking... :-(

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Kling

Reaction score
Hey all - I have a 2004 tracker PT175 that I'm having a frustrating problem with. Every time I go fishing, I find that there is a few inches of water in the bilge area of the boat. This has happened ever since I've owned the boat, but I want to fix it. It's the all welded revo hull so no rivets to worry about. I've filled the hull with inches of water and searched all around the boat looking for a leak... No such luck.

Any tips on finding a leak in my tracker?

Thanks!

if you have filled it to a level higher than you experience while fishing I would say it has to be a hose or a pump.......

you should see the leak if it is a hose fitting....unless there isnt enough pressure from the inside. its a good place to start.

also realize that you may be taking on water over the transom a bit when you come off plane....

Water also leaks in where the top cap (rail) is riveted to the hull on these boats. Try getting some waterproof silicon sealant and putting in the gap under the rail. It is worth a try and just might be your water problem!

Stop in Wally-world and get a pair of plugs that fit the live well bulkhead fittings. Plug them up and go to the lake. If it is live well plumbing leaking, that will prove it and you can then go to work finding the location of the problem.

I am with mini on this one. Most times, leaks end up being from your livewell system somewhere. A lot of hoses and fittings down there to leak. Could also be the livewell itself.

Next time you put your boat in the water, put your head in the bilge for a few minutes and look/listen for the leak.

Matt,

I really hope you find the problem in the plumbing. Several of us on this board have had similar issues. Mine was caused by a split weld where the hull comes together to begin forming the bow. I had to put water in the bilge, then lower the front of the trailer. After a minute, I had water dripping from the "cap" that covers the outside of that area. Tracker considers this an internal weld, so their warranty doesn't cover it. I had to take up the front deck and pull out some of the foam to find the crack. I then used aluminum brazing rods to fill the crack on the inside and both sides of the outer cap. No problems since then. Good luck!

This has been discussed before and I had the same problem two years ago, the pump inlet where fresh water comes into cracked where the hose is connected to the pump which feeds the livewell, replaced the pump and problem solved so just saying like Rob and mini it's most likely related to the livewell system in some way, let us know what you found, mine is a PT185 2005 year...could have been some bad pumps that were installed.

Could it be from running and when you shut down the water comes in from the transom?? Just a thought!!:huh:

I have the same boat and was having the same problem last year. It turned out to be the recirculating pump that attaches through the transom. The housing had cracked on the pump which allowed water to leak into the boat the entire time that the boat was in the water. It leaked regardless of whether the pump was on or not. Replaced the pump and no leaks since.

Well guys...do a lil'checking and you'll find out where the problems may be.

On my 02' 185...it was the keel leaking and a 3 inch crack between the bunks and the hull under the drivers seat:angry:

All I can say...is good luck with Tracker Marine and trying to ANYTHING covered on your boat. After about 80 hours of my own work, $320 and making a few braces for the welder...I'm back on track.

Don't get me started....PLEASE!:angry:

One other random observation; I can't count how many times I've seen folk launch their rig down the ramp at a speed that puts the lake in their splashwell before it breaks loose from the bunks. I'm not saying this is the case, but with the plethora of possibilities (many listed already) I figured I'd add one more common one to ponder. Good luck! ;)

I have the problem with my Stratos, and I'm fairly certain it's one of the hoses that I can't see or get to. I simply 'pump' it out regularly when on the water.

Tex

Latest posts

Back