Tox/Carlos - How far are you from Gambrills, MD?

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Guys - It looks like I may be at my sister-in-laws for a week (arriving late on Sat May 28th, leaving on Friday June 4th. Have to work from her house while i'm there but might be able to steal Sunday afternoon or an late afternoon/evening during the week. Not taking the Tracker up, is there any fishing near Gambrills, MD??

Her husband is not in town that week, so I wouldn't mind getting away for an evening.

Let me know.

Trep

Hey King Tin! How dare you not address your post to the closest person to Gambrills? ME, well, not Me, but ME, Bill. I'm 15 to 20 minutes from Gambrills, in Edgewater, MD if you want to look at MapQuest. There is really no place to fish close unless you want to fish some salt water for White Perch and the occasional Stiper. That ramp is right across the street from me. The best thing about that is that there are a number of food and adult beverage places right on the river if the fishing is bad:)

The nearest place for bass is Wye Mills Lake which is about 40 minutes or so from Gambrills and which I would be more than happy to take you to when you are here if you want. It can be dead or hopping. It's a nice small lake that is overlooked by most.

Keep in touch about this and we'll figure something out!

Bill

Bill - SWEET!!! I don't care what the fishing is like, and would be cool to meet you. I used to LOVE saltwater fishing but am not dragging the boat up.

I'll let you know in week or so when we finalize the trip details. Right now we're planning on arriving late on Saturday and the girls have a brunch in Annapolis planned so maybe Sunday afternoon? If not what time do you get off work? We could go out one evening till dark if that works for you? Don't want to impose so tell me what works for you.

Trep

Trep,

ANYTHING is Ok with me. You know how much I've wanted to meet "King Tin":)

There is no such thing as an imposition!

WORK!?!?!?! Hold your tongue:) That isn't a problem for me:)

We can go Sunday if you want, though it should probably be in the river. The traffic would be ridiculous for Eastern Shore Bass fishing. Any other time we can maybe hit a lake not too far away and try for some Bass.

Just let me know what your schedule is and we'll

"get er done".

Looking forward to it.

I'm going out with Toxic this coming Monday so we'll probably talk about you all day...

Bill

I won't Tox... I'm still figuring out what is easiest for you.. NOT a big deal but I seem to making it that way:

Bill

Just wanted to let you know the Potomac isn't too far away, maybe 30-40 minutes. Great bass water!

Franks right... Mattawoman Creek is about 45 - 50 minutes from both Gambrills and Edgewater BUT, not on a week-end, especially a Holiday week-end:)

Bill

Hey Trep,

I am back in town. Let me know if you do make a run to the River of if there is going to be a get together or anything. Soudns like fun!!!

Carlos

OK Guys - Should know more this weekend, have to check with my sister-in-law to see what plans she has for our family when we're out there. I know Memorial Day weekend is CRAZY on every lake, so maybe a later afternoon/evening during the week would be best.

I'll post more in a few days.

Trep

LOL! You guys are in for the time of your lives!

I've had the pleasure of fishing with Michael twice now!

He is a character!

Trepper and TOXIC!

T&T!

What a hoot!

Make sure to let us know King Tin... I'm up for anything.

We can take my boat and make a run for the Potomac and hook up with Toxic and Carlos.

We can hit one of the smaller lakes in an afternoon.

We can fish South River (salt). One of the good things about South River is that you can tie up right at Mike's Crab House, Yummmmmmmm.....

I used to, years ago, put in on Nanjemoy Creek off the Potomac and just fish there because I had a small boat, like I do now. BUT, I have been hearing stories lately about

anything not being tied down, including trailers, being stolen from the ramp area there. That's a concern and maybe someone here will know more about that.

Toxic and I will talk about this, and you of course, Monday.

Bill

Latest posts

Back