Road trip tomorrow - LA

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Heading to LA tomorrow morning for my sisters wedding. The drive is about 8 hours, so we are leaving in the morning and hoping to get there about 4pm. Plan is to check into the hotel and then head to my home-town to introduce my 5 year old son to all of his aunts, uncles, and cousins that have never seen him in person.

Thursday is "see the sights" day.

Friday is "fill the cooler" day in the morning - boudin, sausage, crawfish, etc... and then the wedding that evening, followed by the drive home on Saturday morning.

Sunday... hope to be back in TX, on Choke Canyon, testing the new trolling motor.

I'll probably be gone from the site for a few days, as my wife doesn't want to take any laptops with us. She (and I) want a "family week" - no work. I told her to leave her work phone at home too, and she agreed. Should be fun.

All the best,

Glenn

What part of La. are you going to? I live in the southwest part near Lafayette. Don't forget to suck the heads of them boiled crawfish!:D:D

BArry from La.

Going to Louisana for a party is a great thing! Those folks down there know how to eat, drink and be Merry! Have a great time.

I'll be headed to Houston on Friday morning. Stopping to have lunch with a long time friend (grew up three blocks from me and we have know each other pushing 50 years); then spending the weekend with other friends (known over 40 years) - including an outing on Clear Lake and some cold long necks; bratwurst and all the trimmings.

Drive safely!

Tex

Tox,

I'd send you some, but I don't think they are going to be very edible by the time they get to you! :lol:

Barry,

I'm headed to New Iberia. Coming through Lafayette to get there. Is crawfish still in season? I heard there was a bad season this year due to the cold / hot / cold weather you guys had. I'm hoping for some crawfish though - and it wouldn't be proper to not suck the heads. That's a "given". :cool:

Tex,

You drive safely too brother. Have a great time!

All the best,

Glenn

Yes, because of the late winter the crawfish is not as plentiful, but the have them. THe prices are alittle higher than normal. Also this weekend is the Festival De Louisiane in Lafayette. It's the annual french music festival along with the food. Hopefully you can pass by if you have time. Drive safe!

BArry from LA.:)

Yep, it is the length that I am concerned with. We have a 2 car garage, and my second vehicle should fit fine. It is the length that is the pain, 19' Garage and a 18'11" "package length", so it would almost need a garage modification to make sure it fits. Fun stuff!

Glenn, crawfish are still in season. Hope you have a good time. Like Tex said, we know how to eat, drink, and have a good time. New Iberia, your sister or new husband must be in the oilfield.

Bubby:)

Spent a couple of years in Baton Rouge and your right, those folks know how to party.

Be safe.

Bubby,

I was born and raised in New Iberia. My father co-owns A&M farms, along with his other brothers. Sugar cane farming is our family business. We don't have any immediate family members that work in the oilfield to the best of my knowledge. I think we have a few cousins that have done it. We have lots of farmers, Tabasco plant workers, teachers, healers, etc... in my family.

My sister that is getting married this week is a nurse. I don't really know anything about her fiancee though because I haven't met him yet.

It's very late. I'm running on empty right now.... but finally packed. I'm going to go to bed. You all have a great time this week. If I get computer access (doubt it), I'll check in from time to time this week.

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back