Possibly last bass in GA ever

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Folks - As many of you know, i'm moving to southern China in a few weeks, and our house in North GA is for sale, so Dan (Blue Frog) and I got out for a few hours this morning for what may just be my last ever GA fishing trip. I'm glad I got to spend it with one of my oldest (and yes he's older then me!! LOL) fishing buddies and friend in GA.

We launched around 6:30 (i'll let him tell you why we were a tad late!! LOL), and the weather was AMAZING!! Upper 60's, cloudy and a nice breeze. Long story short I ended my last trip with 5 fish and I didn't need Mac's help!! LOL - Eli would be proud (he's in VA with his Mom and Brother, dropping Noah off at the Virgina Motor Speedway for a week of racing camp, while Eli and Beka head to MD to see her sister).

It has been a blast fishing all round the South and the surrounding lakes for 16 years, and I have made many many friends on the lakes (and through boards like this), and I wish every one of you the best for you, your family and you friends for all your years to come. I'll keep up on the site from China, and post some pictures (hopefully) of Eli and I fishing in across Asia very soon.

We leave Atlanta on Monday the 26th, via Tulsa to see Beka's Mom, and arrive in our new home in Shenzhen, China late Saturday July 30th.

Don't forget Eli and I, and we want to see more pics of Bass and boats while were gone!

Trep

last%20Dead%20Sea%20Bass.jpg

Good deal. I am finishing up in Florida and getting ready to head back to Virginia. Do you know where you will be living when you return?

TOXIC

Hope all goes well in China, Trep.

Don't eat any of those fish you catch in China. Since they were "Made in China",

they probably contain lead.:D;)

We'll miss you here in the South.

Are you going to be in South China?

Surely there will be some Chinese rednecks there.

You could go fishing with "Bubba Xingzou" in his Ranger bass boat(they pronounce it Langer there).:p

Hope to see you again sometime!

Tom

Great job Trep! best of luck to you and your family!

We'll miss ya around here slim and save a few for the locals OK?:cool:

Stay safe!

Trep, Hey I'm still waiting on the finders fee. Al uses your "his" boat almost every weekend. During the hot days of summer that ski rope pylon bar is doing double duty.

Take care, keep in touch

Dennis in Al

Nice fish Trep! Going to miss your posts from GA. Keep up the contact from the other side of the world and best of luck!!

Nice Spot Michael! Enjoy the adventure in China as I've enjoyed our fishing times together. Don't give up on bass fishing as I know for a fact largemouth bass inhabit mainland China. I've got some pics (somewhere around here) sent to me from Chris Scott, my old Shimano pro staff director during a trip there. I'd keep an eye out on the fish market(s) and when you see bass for sale find out which body of water they came from. It'll keep the dust off your bass tackle. ;) Good luck and "Yivarechecha Adonai L'Olam Va'ed." :D

Nice bass Trep. Safe travels to you and your family!!

best wishes for you and eli! hope you can find a way to wet a line in china?

Good luck Trep! You will be missed. Wish you and your family the best.

Dan - that is a VERY good point, almost every local resturant and seafood store less largemouth bass, now I figure most are farm raise, but now you give me a great reason to learn how to say in Mandarin - Can you tell me where to fish locally for these bass? LOL!!!

You know me, I wish you and your family a great time and great trip abroad. Who knows, I may even be driving through OK while you are there. If so, I'll stop in to say hello.

I know that this is a big deal for you and the family, just take it one step at a time.

All the best to the Trepper family.

Tex

Anquan Luyou(safe travels)Trepper.

I believe thats what it means but it you find out it means something perverted lemme know I'll have a chinese american buddy to hunt down. Trepper

fatrap

Fattrap - hao (good)!

The challenge with Mandarin is the tone pronunciation for each word. You and I read the English for how to pronounce a word, but for each Chinese word there is 4 different 'tones' or way to say it, and each has a very different meaning. For example:

One way to say 'stop', like for a taki to stop as you see the place you want to get out, the English letters (called pinyin) is 'dun'.

If you pronounce it with the proper 'tone' which is start the 'd' high and finish the 'n' low, a dropping tone, you will say "stop" or "pause" which is what you want.

BUT, the same exact pronunciation if used in a different context means "stupid". So that is ONE word most of us non-chinese NEVER use in a taxi!!

Trep

Oh my, we are now getting 'Chinese language lessons' from Trep! What has the world come to.

Enjoy your week, even though it will be very, very busy - I'm sure. Travel safe.

Tex

The Georgia Bass are breathing a sigh of relief... :D

Good Luck in China...

Trep I guess I'll stick to "Redneck English" where the meaning of "hold my beer and watch this" means the same if shouted or wispered. :lol: Having used sign language (ASL) where I taught many of the signs are universal but I never came across an Asian deaf person. Anywho clear skies and and a following wind

fatrap

Trep, I heard of an out of state license, But what does an out of country license cost??

also I reread your 1st post, [We leave Atlanta on Monday the 26th, via Tulsa to see Beka's Mom, and arrive in our new home in Shenzhen, China late Saturday July 30th]

Isn't Monday on the 25th,???? see...your lost already!

Dennis in Al

Latest posts

Back