Tournament fuling question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott lewis

Reaction score
Fished a tournament Saturday.

All boats were close to dock at appointed weigh-in time.

At the momnet say 1:00pm Director yells Time.

An angler had just hooked a fish 12:58 but it was not yet in the boat, it was hung in some lilly pads he did not land it for another 3-5 minutes.

Should the fish be legal?

should it not be allowed?

In our club, we have a rule about fishing and our official check-in time. I think it would be OK to land and count the fish as long as it was hooked before the fishing deadline.

RoyC

Check in means done fishing. He technically should have been DQ'ed for missing the check in time if your tournament rules are similar to those that I have fished...

Most tournaments the fish would count but it's a 1# per minute pelanty up to 15 minutes and then a DQ

So he should have been docked 1 to 3 pounds

Can be argued either way. If the rules don't clearly stipulate such a scenario then I would rule in his favor and if people don't like it, write it into the rules for the next tourney. Fishing/landing????? Hmmm, it's all interpertation. Was he done "fishing" some say yes, some say no. That one should be up to the tourney director.

I guess it depends on which guy you are as to weither or not you think it is a legal of illegal catch. If you are the guy catching the fish you probably have a differnent view then the other guys at the weigh in watching you catch it.

It's not in our rules, but would be ruled on by our Tourney Director. Check in means at the dock, generally speaking. Since we do partners, that means dropping off your partner at the dock to get the tow vehicle (or waiting to drop him off), by the appointed time.

We probably would have counted it, but given the angler grief.

It should probably mean, that you should be DONE completely and ready to weigh-in/check-in.

Tex

Hey wait a minute..In basketball if the shot was made BEFORE the time buzzer..it's still good. I'd say that's a coin toss...

TEE

I think we will amend the rules to say

Fish must be in the well at time.

Latest posts

Back