My First Tournament Season

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
It's been an educational year for me in the bass fishing world. At 55 years old I decided I wanted to fish bass tournaments and entered the ABA/Bassmasters Weekend Series, fished 4 regular tx and the 2 day divisional. I think my best finish was the 2 day this past weekend at 17th and finished 13th for the season in points. Never fished these lakes before so I guess I did ok and if my wallet and body holds up I should get better next year. If I hadn't zeroed my first tx I would have finished 7th in overall points. I still have a shot at the Classic, all I have to do now is be in the top 50, I think, at regional at Lay Lake and then win the Championship. What? It could happen. Day 2 this past weekend weigh in is at 3pm and my live well is empty, I pull back into the cove where check in is 45 min early to fish close (same place I caught my fish on day 1 on a spinner bait). I had just quoted Mike Ike "never give up", at 2:40 I put my first fish of the day in the boat, I offered my rod and reel with the spinner bait to the co-angler to try to get one in the baot for him. To give him room I hung a worm off the other side of the boat and at 2:52pm I put the 2nd in the livewell.

Jimmy, I'll be fishing Lay Lake as a co-angler so maybe we will get paired up. I finished 14th in overall points. Not bad for thed only girl. I blanked the 1st 2 tournaments so I gained alot of ground in the last 3. Finished the last 2 tournaments 13th and the 2 day last weekend I finished 10th. I am really hoping to finish Lay Lake in the top 50 co's so I can go to nationals. Hope to see you there....I would love to win the co-anglers $100,000+ check! :D

We have a woman boater here and she has been cutting my behind all season, she finished 6th overall. I did finally beat her in the two day. Paired or not, let's plan to shake hands in Alabama, looking forward to it. Sounds like you had a pretty good season.

Jimmy, do you know her name? What division did you fish? I fished Tennessee Central. I really enjoyed it. All of the guys were really nice to me except one. He was a bit upset that he didnt catch a fish all day and I had a limit. He tried to weigh me in by hooking me in the a$$ with a Rat-L-Trap. We had to go back to the lauch, and I had to stand in my underwear while the guy who owned the tackle store pulled it out. Ha! :p

Wow Teri, I bet the had to step back and ASSess the situation a while before pulling the trap.:p:wub:

Congrats to both of you and good luck at the next step!

Randy!

Teri her name is Mary Hencken and we fished in the Southeast-S. Carolina. Sorry about the arse hooking, how much over an hour did it take him to get it out.

He had to cut it out of my pants, I pulled them down, and with some fishing line and one big yank it was out and we went fishing again. He did take me in the back room for the underwear display as there were about 6 guys standing there to watch. The whole thing was about a 20 minute delay. It hurt more on the 70mph ride to the bait shop bouncing on the hook then it did when he pulled it out. I came in the store the next day and said, "Hey Flipper, I wore a thong for you today!" :p

Good news to hear and congrats to both of you!!

Sorry to hear about your cranking incident TC, but DAMN that's funny!! :lol::lol::lol: Very glad to hear that all's well that end's well!!! ;):lol::p:D

Good luck to both of you on the next level!! :)

Teri your story is sooo much better than mine. It was a jerk bait in the right elbow while landing a small mouth on Onidea for Jon Bondy, but KVD did the extraction... I love that scar..

BF

Teri, I will remember to start fishing in a thong, that way it will minimize the fabric should I ever get hooked in the arse!!! Good luck on the rest of the season.

Jimmy, good luck to you as well.

Latest posts

Back