Top Speed Feels A Little Out Of Control

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris Ratzlaff

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal... Have a yr 2000 Targa 2000 Tracker 20ft with 200 EFI Merc. When I'm running around 40 gps mph and have it trimmed just about all the way down, it feels quite stable.... BUT.... When running around 50 to 60 gps mph and trimmed out a little (not even all the way) it feels a little like I'm in my car on icy roads!!! The boat just does not feel very stable. It's like the back end want to wonder around alot. Is this normal? I have a sport 300 foil on the back. Trophy prop @ 21 pitch. Any ideas???:)

Probably chine walk...you need to learn to drive it when it happens. Google it, you will learn a bunch

Thanks for all the info... I looked up chine walk, and yes, it does sound like that is exactly what it is doing... Guess I'll have to put in some more seat time and learn how to drive my boat!!!:lol: Also thanks Bob B. for your input, will have to have that checked out as well. Thanks again!!:)

Latest posts

Back