This Year's Contest?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thad Fineran

Reaction score
Hey, guys...I was wondering if we were going to do the "big fish" contest again this year. Last year, I believe it was in both largemouth and smallmouth categories, with a picture on this site to accompany the weight.

(I was also wondering about the finale of last year's contest, wink wink, nudge nudge... :)

Just askin' since I'll be heading down to the Stick Marsh in Florida to catch this year's winner soon!

Thad

Bassin'Bob won the smallmouth catagory with a 7.5LB TOAD caught in "Intermediate Lk" in No. MI......I can't remember who won the Lrgmth category, but I'm sure it was a toad too...might've been a 10lbr or better from TX maybe,..or I recall someone getting a Big'un from Fla, too.....anyone remember?? I'll get their "awards" to them if they provide ME with Addresses!! LOL As far as a new contest for this year??...Yeah,..why not!! LOL..... Same deal...Contest runs from May 25th-Nov.15th!!! (We can't fish for Bass legally in MI. until Memorial Weekend,....and on Nov. 15th, I'm hunting!!!ahahaha...and since I'm putting up the prize,..I make the rules!!!)...

Mac

Mac, I think one rule that ought to apply to the contest is at least be a regular to the board.LOL...

I am too far north for the largemouth,and too far south for the smallmouth.

How about a big ole' ugly carp.

Steve,..I caught a Carp a couple of years ago on Clair with a twin tailed spider grub,.....thought I had the mother of all smallies on!! It was awesome!!...ahahaaahh....I even took it in to the ramp for the "unofficial" weigh-in...you should've seen my buddies faces when I pulled that bad boy out of my livewell..it had to be every bit of 15lbs!!..LOL (BTW-..I won the "Big Fish" bragging rights award,...nobody ever said it had to be a bass!!)...ahahahaha

Mac

I also caught what I suspect was a 2lb crappie today....my client was going to eat it. That would have been a citation fish here in VA. First cast of the day with a teeeny-weeeny minner and slip float (QUIET, no comments from the peanut gallery, my client wanted crappie, so I was fishing for crappie!!) and my line (6lb) took off like I had it hooked up to a mac truck!! Before I could gain my composure it took enough line that the drag finally snapped the wire hook off. I suspect it was a bubba bass or a striper.

TOXIC

Hey Buzz,

I don't know anyone on the board that is "regular"!!

Mac, sign me up for the "irregular" category!

Bob G.

That's actually why I brought the topic back up... (hence the nudge nudge, wink wink) I had a 9.5 lber last summer, you can find the pictures in my library...I think the weight message was dated around 6/6/02 and was titled "My entry for largemouth bass."

(I just wanted to get something free from Mac :)

Thad

(I just wanted to get something free from Mac :)....LOL

----story of my life!!!...ahahahhha No problem,..send me your address and I'll send you your award,....for FREE!!!

Mac

Wasn't there a "must claim prize before Dec. 31, 2002" deal on that?

LOL

hey, whatever happened to the regional bits for big bass... I still humbly submit this one for KY:

(And Mac... still waiting for those digital images... while your in a "giving" mood! LOL)
bigbass1.jpg

Toxic, they don't count unless you get them in the boat! I think I'll sign up with Bob for the Irregular category. You guys have it easy when you have to go. I have to hang it over. Got caught mooning Minnesota last year. Gave a few passers by something to talk about at dinner. Ha!

Latest posts

Back