Long Year!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

Reaction score
So now for the long story of this summer! My z-6 treated me great the whole first year 2013 only issues I had was a leaking grease seal on the port side wheel and the built in cooler wasn't draining. So at the end of last year when I winterized her the dealer installed a new grease seal and I put her up for the winter. Move ahead to spring 2014, first trip down to Flats fished all day had great time ready to pull out walked back to get trailer looked at grease seal still leaking ok no big deal have to call them, got home called took it up he checked it out and thought the trailer was miss aligned he had me take it to a place near by that aligns tractor trailer rigs and trailers and yes that wheel was out they made the adjustments, back to his shop he didn't like the way the tires wore so he put brand new radials on all on warrenty so far so good right! So now it goes bad while he is doing that I jump in the 2014 Z-6 on floor and look at cooler the drain is clear all the way thru, come out look at mine solid plastic at btm of drain like the factory didn't cut out the drain hole under the insert I tell him and go inside. He looks at it and thinks same gets drill and drills it out, and as he goes thru the plastic and gas sprays out it all goes bad! Luck no fire they drain the tank out which was full and call Nitro, she gets stripped down and sent back to factory, they seperat hull and install new gas tank and send back to him to re-rig all in all about 2 months. I get a call she is done and ready head down happy to get it and bring it home. Load all my gear in her this early august now and start to clean and wax for the weekend. Thats when I find on the port side a massive area of spider cracks from the outer bunk to the first cleat. this was a Sunday I picked up on Saterday she went back right away and of course factory wanted to know if I had hit anything which she never made it to the water yet! Long story short they strip her down and back she goes they agree to make repaires I wait about 4 weeks and finally call dealer to find out whats up he said they are going to replace the hull my deck will be kept. So anyway its almost November and I still don't have boat! Now I have talked to a few different people who doe glass and the general thought from them is thats always a risk when separating hull the lower hull can crack if its sprung wrong. I have to admit I am glade they are taking care of it all, but I am out the whole year rack up the related yearly ramp fees insurance towing all the good stuff and it gets pretty expensive which I would have paid any way for the year. Would be nice if it came back with a power pole on the port side for all the trouble! Any way thats my year, hope she gets back soon and next year goes better!

All in all, I think the factory and the dealer did a good job getting your rig fixed but it still sucks to be down that long.

It pretty much will be a new boat when it gets back! Yes I have to agree they have taken care of everything and the dealer has gone out of his way to take care of it. Just hoping for the best! On a bad note I blew out my left knee 2 days ago and fractured the lower bone in the process so I am laid up for awhile in any case! With my luck they will call and tell me to pick it up!!

sucks that this happened but thank God it's being fixed. That all aside when you got the boat back with the damaged gelcoat why did they even send it back to you. No one noticed the damage. Were they going to try and put it on you. Good thing you brought it right back. I hope from this point forward you have no problems. I hope your knee heals well and you have a good season next year.

Thanks, I do believe they where in such a hurry to try and get it back to me that it wasn't caught at factory nor dealer. I did hear it should be done by end of this month then just transport time back to dealer and I can pick her up so hope this is the end of this little run of bad luck for the boat and me! Sucked to be with out it but they, Nitro and the dealer have done nothing but try and make things right for me so I can't complain at all!

Sorry for all your troubles, Dan. Seems like there are "Bad Years". Life's all about getting to tomorrow, as we all know. That especially goes for boat troubles.

BTW, I'm running a thread called Northern Florida because I'm headed there after Thanksgiving for a week. Toxic suggested I ask Big Dan more about the St John's River. Is that you he's referring to?

If so, could you help me with some ideas about where to stay/fish from/ramp from/etc.? Looking primarily for Bass, esp. black/spotted/largies...check my thread on Northern Florida if you would. Totally appreciate it!

Steve sorry haven't been on still licked the wounds like Scott said wrong guy heck I wish I had some experience there! I find out this Thursday when the ACL reconstructive surgery is and hopefully my boat gets back here real soon I can sit in it at the house and think about the spring!

Latest posts

Back