The big day is NEAR!!!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven evans

Reaction score
boat 0.jpg

Friday I will be able to pick it up. They aren't quite done with it yet plus I'm still offshore and won't be home until late Thursday. Had the wife go snap a few pics for me today. Man it's been a slow wait, but the end is near.

WHAT!!! No tarp? Cool boat I was just in Bass Pro today checking out the new Nitros. Hope it works out for you.

Fatrap

LOL that's what I said "NO TARP"?!!! The wife said they had only moved it outside for a short amount of time. She was on the salesman's bohiny, really quick like, about it being outside in the rain.

Does it come with a spare tire? Mines didn't and I had to purchase one. If you do any traveling with the trailer, make sure to get a radial tire, not the bias ply. cool boat...

Thats a good question there NJD. I haven't signed the papers yet. So I bet I can get a spare tire out of the deal lol. Really though I don't know because they did give me a fantastic deal on the boat. Plus It still comes with all of the BPS specials (gift card etc.) It's a new 2011 boat with 2012 250 Pro XS.

sounds sweet. when i purchased mines years ago BPS didn't give me crap. I had to buy a spare tire and a cover. the spare tire/wheel could cost you nearly $300. good luck...

Good looking boat, congrats... My Z9 did not come with a spare, but they did get me one at their price. Which was a whole lot cheaper than buying one off the floor. Talk with you salesman and the boat Mgr. they should hook you up. Enjoy your new boat:D

I still don't understand boat's not coming with a spare, EVERYONE needs a spare, I know its probably a profit item, and would add a few $$ to the cost of a new boat, but I think its silly! My new 1999 Tracker didn't come with one, didn't realize that till I took delivery (my first new boat), and had to pay for the tire/rim and the mount itself. My current boat didn't have a spare when the dealer got it, I negotiated a spare in the deal, and when I picked it up realized (dealer and I) that the trailer (1999 Astro) didn't have a built in location for the spare, so I just ordered one off Amazon and will install it this weekend.

So I think looking at your Z8 it has the location right up front on the trailer so you just need the tire/rim, and bolts/lock.

Great looking boat, you'll enjoy, and safe trip back from the Rig!

Trep

Be sure that the trailer (built in) location for the spare is the right size, if you plan to use that. When I bought my 2001 Nitro I had a built in location for the spare. I did not get a spare with that boat new so, I purchased it shortly after. I found that the spare tire ( correct size mounted) did not fit the built in location. I ended up buying a mount and had to put it on the tongue. See my pics in library.

Just use your certificate for the spare but, you could make em' throw in some nice vests or something...I did;)

Congrats...nice rig:cool:

My 07 Tundra(Tuna Boat) didn't have a spare but I got one for company pricing. Funny My 93 Nitro came with one. How times change. Good luck on getting anything extra. If you got good deal can't complain no matter. Just be careful until you get the feel for her.

fatrap

Here is my sage old advice.....Do not pull that boat out of the lot until you go over it stem to stern. Verify that EVERYTHING works. Lights, switches, pumps, etc. You can test the livewells and bilge with a hose in the lot. Hook up the running lights including the tall pole in the back. Go over all of the glass...the hull...the trailer look for anything bent busted scraped dinged dented scratched etc. Make sure the finders work. I am not being an arse because I would do it with ANY new boat from ANY dealer. The reason I say this is because your bargaining power disappears as soon as you pull it off the lot. Anything that needs repair or replaced get in writing before you leave. Beautiful boat btw...

Hey guys thanks for all of the advice. I'm supposed to be there at noon today to pick it up. I stopped by late yesterday afternoon coming from work to check it out and was a little aggravated about a few things on it. They promised everything would be perfect on it when I get there today. We shall see. I won't sign a paper if it isn't exactly how I want it. I will spend a ton of time going through everything. I actually have a written list of things to check. I've had time to sit and think of tons of stuff. Toxic you are correct it's not being an arse, it is being certain before you leave that you got what you were paying for. One cool thing is it comes with the $1000 BPS gift card. I can load up on some extra tackle. I have just over 2 hours to go, it's time to wash the truck and get ready...

Did you get it? Let's see some pics on the water or at the house...

Is your new boat an R&D Model? The reason I ask is the 2011 boat with 2012 motor. I bought mine that way and saved about 5 grand. The only thing is the finish is usually not covered in an R&D purchase. Mine was in R&D to see if a 175 HP would be used on the Targa's and I guess they found out it wasn't a good idea but I still have full factory warranty other than paint. Not a big deal to me. I checked the paint over very well and not a single problem after a year.

KYSean the finish was horrible and I didn't purchase that boat. I did buy a new 2012 though with a 225 optimax. I am starting a new thread but it's not letting me upload the photo.

Latest posts

Back