Kitty Kitty Kitty

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
So I go to Pickstown SD walleye fishing last Thursday morning. 240 miles to the boat ramp give or take a mile. I launch the boat and am heading to my first spot about 15 miles from the ramp, when I feel a warm fuzzy presence crawling between around my ankles then jumpinginto my lap. I about bailed out thinking a coon or opossum had gotten in the boat and it was bout to tear me a new one. I look down into the panic eyes of the neighbor's grey cat. It had been hiding in my boat and made the trip down the Interstate, to the boat ramp, and several miles of 50mph boat ride before showing itself. Must have hid in the battery compartment and got shut in. I stopped for fuel and soda on the way and it didn't bail out then.
I won't go into what my first instinct was, it's a dark place and kitty was lucky I was able to pull myself out of there. I supposed it was the panicked and pleading eyes that won me over. For the record I'm not a cat fan. They're might even be the possibility that feral cats may have met an untimely on my watch.
I called the neighbors and you can imagine how that went. I started he conversation by stating this is your neighbor Mike I'm in South Dakota and..."how well to you love your kitty?" She said she'd call her husband for a possible solution. Brian called be back and said "why did you call home first? You should have given Abraham swimming lessons."
What to do? Fish I guess. Amid the howling and crying and fur floating about I tied a rope to it's neck to keep it from going to Davy Jones's Locker picked up a rod and started fishing. I wish I could say Abraham brought me luck. Apparently all available luck was used up by the cat.
Heading back to the boat ramp thinking things can't get worse they do. A family was swimming their larger retriever on the ramp. Abe sees the big wet doggy and goes ballistic bouncing around on the end of the rope like a yo yo out of control. I finally get the cat locked in the camper shell on my truck after every Tom, Dick and Harry got a cell phone photo.
I get back to the motel and someone's called a head and tipped off the fishermen there to look out for the white Tundra with the cat.
The happy ending(for ole Abraham) was his family drove the 4 hours to pick him up at 1am. Every fricking body I know found out and I got text messages from all over.
I get home Friday and Abraham's lounging in his driveway like nothing was amiss. I do know he's not packing all nine of his lives anymore. I have explicit instructions on what to do if and when He chooses to stowaway.
fatrap
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...3127.22604.1503865510&type=1&relevant_count=1

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 186
Haha. Man, what a funny story. The picture really is worth a 1,000 words. I remember in college when I started up my Ford Bronco in the morning, heard an awful sound and saw fur flying out of the grill. It seems the neighbors cat decide to sleep in the engine compartment right on the fan.

that is funnier than heck and the pic showing the cat with look of disgust like what in the did you do that for :D I'm not a cat person either

Rap,.

You catch, kill, clean and eat catFISH. HowI am nt sure, but I think if you were in a line company they would be sending you out all the time.... You seem to attract "stuff happens".... LOL

Latest posts

Back