Tandem Axle Trailer for Z-7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Mills

Reaction score
What do you guys think of a tandem trailer option on the Z-7. Is it needed for a boat this size or would it be "overkill". What's your thoughts.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

If they had one available when i got my Z7 i would have ordered it in a heartbeat.

Tell them to put the spare tire back under the bow too.....

I have seen several comments about this for the Z-7. I would probably like having one as well.

I too have seen comments about it. Other than weight distribution and blowouts, why do I need to have a tandem axle under my Z7?

They tow a lot nicer going down the road, a lot less sway at highway speed. Also the better weight distribution should mean better tire wear and longer bearing life in theory.

Its not a must have but it would be a nice option. Again if it was available when i got mine i would have one for sure.

One blow out on a single axle trailer and you will want one. It is not a necessity but I have seen numerous trailers over the years come in with only one of two working. They got to the tourney and when changing the tire it is much easier to get a jack under a tandem than a single with a flat!

Randy!

Yes, I would like to have had it on mine and when they do it make oil bath hubs standard.

Also, Mike this is Tom who bought your Z-7 certificate. Love the boat and it is doing Great.

Hi Tom, glad your enjoying the boat. I still have the pics you sent on my computer. Your boat turned out great.

Thanks Mike it really turned out better than I expected. I have had so many compliments on how it looks it and how well it rides. Catches a bunch of bass too :D

Welcome to the Nitro Owners website. Look forward to hearing more from you too.

Tom

Tom - lets see some of those pics!!

Trep Hope it comes out OK. I have been having big problems with this site since I changed my email address. I doesn't recoginize my address.

DSC01248.jpg
DSC01252.jpg

Tom, did you get in my garage? Like the color and you will love it. I need the rigging tube for mine. Is that an 08 or 09?

It's an 08. Upgraded to the Opti and hot foot, 80 lb Minn Kota which is real nice and also the Minn Kota 45amp 3 bank charger, rod organizer, all color electronics.

I am gonna add the 6 inch jackplate this winter. Trying to keep up with Jim B, only kidding.

They are really a great riding boat as you well know

Tom

The rigging tube, is that just to orginize the stuff back there? Oh yeah, nice boat, mine has the blue where you have the black.

Tom I have the same TM and it does a good job. My boat came with two chargers, one charges from the motor and the other is there as a backup. Looking at installing a hotfoot and blinker trim.

If you get tired of the middle seat, look over on BBC at the Nitro page, there is a mod I did and another TRCM did to remove the seat. Mine is in a state of flux, I am going to re-do it, but have not finalized my plans yet.

Another thing is to look at adding a charging port if you did not already, I have one, I just have to get up the nerve to drill the 1-7/8" hole.

Jimmy, I see on T&H Marine's web site the offer a zip on rigging tube/cover, I may have to go for one of those.

Yeah, I bought the charging port and drill saw and haven't drilled yet either. I did drill a 1 1/8" hole in my console for the grommett from the FF/GPS.

Jimmie the rigging tube is tha black tube around the cables and wires that go into the motor. It keeps everything together and looks good too.

E5Zero yes I have already added the charging port. Works good and you don't have to lift up the cover in the back. My Middle seat now has an aluminum diamond plate under it. You can either leave the seat out or leave the seat in without having to remove the plate. Everybody that has seen it loves it. It doesn't get hot either because it is aluminum. I have a post on the pics of the seat last year.

Also I had aluminum wheels put on the trailer on the way home from BPS when I picked it up.

The plastic wheel covers are junk and everyone told me that they keep coming off. A guy in my club drilled holes and screwed his on.

Jimmie the rigging tube is tha black tube around the cables and wires that go into the motor. It keeps everything together and looks good too.

E5Zero yes I have already added the charging port. Works good and you don't have to lift up the cover in the back. My Middle seat now has an aluminum diamond plate under it. You can either leave the seat out or leave the seat in without having to remove the plate. Everybody that has seen it loves it. It doesn't get hot either because it is aluminum. I have a post on the pics of the seat last year.

Also I had aluminum wheels put on the trailer on the way home from BPS when I picked it up.

The plastic wheel covers are junk and everyone told me that they keep coming off. A guy in my club drilled holes and screwed his on.

Latest posts

Back