2021 Nitro Z19 Trailer hub/axle problems

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
I bought my Z19 Pro new in April of 2021. A week after I got it home two of the plastic caps on my wheel hubs just popped off while the boat was in my garage. I tried putting them back on but could not. I took them back to the dealer who was able to get them back on.
This was just the beginning of a long story with these hubs. The manufacturer sent me new metal hub caps and I took the trailer back to the dealer to be inspected and caps put on.
I thought that was the end of the problem, but this past Monday proved me wrong when both hubs and axles went out on the trailer ruining both of my tandem axles. I had to pay a wrecker to haul the trailer back to the dealer. Luckily I have a friend who let me put my boat in his dock while I was having this issue.
Now I am out of the boat hauling business until I get some type axle replacement from the manufacturer.
These FDL hubs were a known problem and simply replacing caps just does not repair it.
The poorly fitted caps are apparently failing to allow the hubs to properly lubricate the spindle. Either that or they have allowed water to get in and compromise the lubrication.
I wrote the manufacturer when I first started having problems and told them I thought this failure could happen. Now it has become my nightmare. I just hope they do right by this.

Sorry for your problems. That’s really messed up. Did you see on here the blog where someone wrote they had gotten a letter from White Water Marine that their trailer needed to be brought to the dealer for inspection of the hubs? Apparently it was 2020 and 2021 year model trailers that were in question. I called my dealer (Cabelas), and the girl looked up my trailer and said it was ok according to the serial number. I hope it is, but will keep an eye out on it as I’ve seen several posts pertaining to hubs, axles, caps, etc… like yours. I hope they get you squared away soon as I know that’s a bummer for you.

Mine (2022 Tracker Classic XL) was under the recall. I found a loose wheel bearing several months before the recall during a normal check.

Sorry for your problems. That’s really messed up. Did you see on here the blog where someone wrote they had gotten a letter from White Water Marine that their trailer needed to be brought to the dealer for inspection of the hubs? Apparently it was 2020 and 2021 year model trailers that were in question. I called my dealer (Cabelas), and the girl looked up my trailer and said it was ok according to the serial number. I hope it is, but will keep an eye out on it as I’ve seen several posts pertaining to hubs, axles, caps, etc… like yours. I hope they get you squared away soon as I know that’s a bummer for you.
I posted that recall earlier this year . Surprised everyone didn’t get the letter from White River Marine.

There is a recall to check the wheel bearings. Also see your dealer because the plastic dust covers have been replaced with aluminum covers.

Latest posts

Back