Broken Trailer Axle

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sticksge

Reaction score
I took my 2015 Z7 out for her first trial run with me. On the way home the hub mounting broke from the axle, right where the welds are. It will be covered under warranty and Progressive covered the wrecker bill, but not what I was expecting on a 7 year old boat with only 100 hours on it. Is this a normal thing for Nitro trailers?

Attachments

• PXL_20230414_215628196.jpg
    PXL_20230414_215628196.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Update. I had a wrecker take back to the dealer, D & R Sports in Kalamazoo. They said they've never seen the wheel mounting plate break from the axle. Good News, they put a complete new axle under it, covered under warranty! Nice to see them really back their product.

Boat trailers take a lot of abuse. So, while I wouldn't say it is expected damage, it does happen. Probably a bad weld that held together for seven years then gave up after a few bumpy roads. Even though the boat only had 100 hours, it doesn't mean the trailer didn't have 10,000 hours of road travel :)

one of my friends had the same problem with his trailer and tracker did not want to talk with him. He asked them about a new axle and they didn’t want to talk with him.

Latest posts

Back