Stan - A pic of the boys Crappie yesterday

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
I took my 2 boys out Friday after school for some Crappie, we were only out 2 hours but the boys manged to land 5 crappie and 1 bluegill. I had already loaded the livewell with water/minnows before I picked them up, and we fished just a minute from the ramp in a pocket and off blowdowns. They missed as many as they caught, but the smiles on their faces make it all worth while!! The 5 are filleted and in the fridge till my Cousin comes on Thursday, they wanted to share their "dinner"!!! LOL

2007 March Boys crappie for web.JPG

Trep - The "smiles" are worth every minute! Wish I could have gotten mine interested when they were that age but unfortunately, they didn't take to fishin'.

Oh Man! Dinner!!!! And, Bill's rigt... those smiles are worth millions.:D

MMMMMMMM Crappie ...:) I cleaned out my freezer over the winter, as soon as they start schooling up, I'll fill it back up again.

I was going to say the same thing as Mike. Man those boys are getting big! They'll be able to TAKE the boat keys pretty soon.:lol:

Uncle Billy

Nice Crappie! Great to see the kids getting out. Reminds me that I need to get my little guy out a lot more!

Wow!!!! That makes my chest swell with pride in knowing there are other Crappie fishermen on the board. What does the scale say on that biggun?

Thanks gang, it was just good to have the boys out with me, and catching a few fish always help keep the savage beasts entertained!!

On the boys getting older and bigger, I can't believe it was 7 years ago March I got my first Tracker and joined this site, that would put Eli at 18 months at the time!! Noah is begging to start mowing the lawn ,wants his allowance raised!!!

Stan - That big one went just a 1lb. Not huge but a NICE fish!

Pounders are always welcome in my boat. It just doesn't get any better when you got smiling boys and fresh crappie on a beautiful Spring day.