Back Home - What'd I miss?? And a few pics from my trip!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~libra
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Well we got back last night from WI and the Dude Ranch. Greg M - Sorry I didn't call you or hook up to fish, with 25 of the family there and a FISHING pond, could not get away.

I did spend a few hours a day at the 5 acre pond, I only took my light action Spinning Rod and a few lures, but my goal was to get practice on the Senko-type lures. It took me a little while to find the fish each day, and get the feel for the "pressure" when a fish took the senko-type lure. I ended up catching about a dozen 2-5lb bass each day, MAN that was FUN!!! And yes Bill I REALY slowed down a lot for this one!!! LOL

I did catch a few on other stuff (buzz bait, Spinner bait and rattle trap) but got the BIGGER fish on the while Speed Fall Senko-copies. Probably the BEST time on the pond was when I took my two 11 yearold Cousin's fishing, one had never done it before. The new to fishing boy got a few nice bluegill and the other kid, who's dad and he fish off shore in San Diego got a NICE 4lb LM off about a 2 inch chunk of live worm floated under a bobber in the middle of the lake!!! The LOOK on his face when that bobber went under and he expected a bluegill!! MAN that was worth it!!!

Here is one of the 4lbers I caught, a great trip, rode the horses a few hours each day, and enjoyed the time with all of the family.

Oh, and Noah (my 7 year old) REALY had a great time, they let him "test" to ride the big horses (supposed to be 8 years old or older to test) and he passed! He rode 2 rides each day, he had to unhook the horse from the post, lead it under the tunnel to the riding side of the farm, and then mount up and ride. He did GREAT!!!
2004%20August%20Dude%20Ranch%20Fish%20for%20web.jpg

Here is Noah riding "Paco"! The only time he had a little trouble was if leading the horse to/from the corral the horse wanted to grab a snack!! A 36lb seven yearold has a HARD time dragging a 400+ lb horse along if the horse doesn't want to!!! LOL
2004%20August%20Dude%20Ranch%20Noah%20on%20horse%20web.jpg

And here is Eli riding "buttons" the pony!
2004%20August%20Dude%20Ranch%20Eli%20on%20Pony%20for%20web.jpg

And here is one of Noah and I getting ready to head out on a trail ride!
2004%20August%20Dude%20Ranch%20Mike%20and%20Noah%20on%20horse%20web.jpg

"King Tin", welcome home.. It looks like you and the boys had a great time. Ok, what did you do with Becca?:)

Glad to see you getting the hang of those Senko's. Toxic will be proud. I fianlly got out fishing yesterday and went through three packs of Senko's but caught so many Bass I didn't care.

You'll catch up with all the posts I'm sure and then you'll see you didn't miss anything **ahem**

Bill

Bill - Still going through the 4 digital camera's we had, and the files I up loaded from our relatives. Here is one of all 4 of us in our Western Gear!
2004%20August%20Dude%20Ranch%20family%20for%20web.jpg

Git along little cowboys:) With their hats on I can't tell which is Eli and which is Noah. I'm pretty sure I can pick out Becca though:) But geeez Michael, the one sitting with you looks like a miniature version of YOU.. and the other is a miniature Becca..Nice picture.

Bill

Where's the dog?

You didn't see "Silverado"? Oh well.....

You didn't miss nuthin' here, Michael.....

Just a KwikDrop kick or two!

Rich hearding a flock of ducks!

And Neeley smilin' as usual!

Welcome Home!

me!

Trep,

Glad to see you back, and returning from a great time.

That fish looks surprisingly like the Rally Fish. You keepin' that thing alive and toting him around the country??? LOL.

Tex

Trep,

Welcome back! Looks like you had a great trip.

Now about that 4 pounder....did you weigh that fish or was it a guesstimate?? LOL!!!

Bob G.

Welcome back Trep, oh, and nice pics! Looks like a great time was had by all, egMike

Latest posts

Back