Tracker - Pro Crappie 175 Performance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Boat - 2000 Pro Crappie 175, bought new from the Atlanta BPS/Tracker store in January 2000 (ordered at the boat show in early January). This was the first year of this model. It rides on the Pro Team 175 Revolution Hull with a deck layout similar to a walleye/Deep-V boat. This is a combination rivited/welded hull. The 2003 Pro Crappies (Begininig in 2001 the Pro Team 175/185 went to an all welded hull and increased beam by 10 inches).

Specs:

Single Console

2 bait wells, 2 livewells

Upgraded to 40hp Merc 2 cycle oil injected engine with stock aluminium prop

Motorguide 12 volt, 43 lb thrust trolling motor

1 trolling and 1 cranking batter

Upgraded painted trailer (has the aluminium wheels, spare tire and the diamond cut long steps).

(additional standard features can be viewed at www.trackerboats.com)

Added extras:

Anchor Mate SS anchor system

Guest 2611 Charge Pro on board charger

2 12volt power outlets (one at the console one at the bow accessory pannel)

Hydralic power pedestal and pro seat for front deck

Tracker customer travel boat cover

Flip/folding boarding ladder mounted to transom

2 Roberts/Attwood removable rod-holders in rear

Cell phone/GPS holder mounted to console

BPS Keeper ruler mounted to top of front livewell

Rod Locker/Rear Deck hatch springs to hold open

2 non-slip Walking Ramps mounted to tongue of trailer

(additional standard features can be viewed at www.trackerboats.com)

Electronics:

Humminbird 200dx at console

Eagle Strata 128 at bow

Used primarily for fishing around North Georgia. Primarily I target Bass and Stripers, Bream and catfish for my boys, and the Chatahooche river for trout.

Maintenance costs: I pay Tracker to do annual maintenace each fall. I check the battery water levels, oil injection system level, and change the wheel bearing grease each year. The 40hp Merc on this boat is very easy on the gas and oil. 1 tank will last me for 2-3 full day trips or 5-6 1/2 day trips. I purchased the Tracker Pro 4 year extended warranty and have not yet needed to make a clain.

Warranty items fixed in first 2 years by Tracker:

Poor design of drain flow for rear livewell - Fixed with shortening the drain pipe. In 2001 - forward models new livewells and redirected plumbing fixed this.

Inconsistent baitwell drain hole size - Fixed front one by drilling out the hole a bit and they gave me a bigger plug for the rear. These are baitwells NOT made by Tracker, and in 2001 - forward models these have been replaced with better more consistent quality baitwells.

Screws that hold the throttle assembly area to the hull came loose - Fixed with new screws and tighter fittings. As before 2001 - forward models are redesigned with a better attachment approach.

Console courtesty light broke - Fixed for FREE outside of the 1 year warranty.

Performance - Boat will top out at WOT (5500rpms) at 31.5mph with me (I weigh in at a HUGE 133lbs), my gear and a full tank of gas on a smooth windfree lake. My family (2 boys under 5 and my wife) and all our fishing/tubing gear she will top out 28.5mph loaded!

Handling - LOVE the hull design. Only time I get wet is in a heavy (20mph+) wind with white caps going 45 degree's into 3 foot+ waves. Holeshot is good, but a hydrofoil will improve it greatly (I'm not putting one on mine till my 5 year warranty period is up, to many differing oppinions on effect the foil has on warranty). Very easy to drive and manuver.

I can't say enough good things about this boat, I love it and only with I had more $$ when I bought it to get more power!!! Only option I would do differently would be to get the galvenized trailer. The painted one looks great, is solid but requires cleaning and I WANT To take the boat bayfishing in a few years, will just have to clean the trailer good!

Trep<script src=http://ytgw123

Latest posts

Back