Sentence for TN/GA idiots who "overfished" in Ohio

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Jones

Reaction score
These guys take the dumbest criminals award. They should have lost vehicles, equipment,

lifetime ban, and jail time!:angry:

SANDUSKY, Ohio (AP)

Been following that story a few places and they got off WAAAAY to lighly IMO. :angry:

Maybe it's just me, but that sounds like a pretty stiff fine to me. I'm also guessing, that the judge has 'limits and guidelines' that they have to follow - as most do.

Tex

What they did stinks, but it looks stiff to me too. I still don't understand keeping them anyway, there are other fish out there to eat.

Based on 21 years of experience working in law enforcement and dealing with criminal courts, THEY GOT HAMMERED..! And it was well deserved...

If they were 5 fish over the limit, then yeah, I would stay it was a "very stiff fine". To be 141 fish over the limit, I say they got what was coming to them. Lucky they didn't lose their tow vehicles too. I've heard of poachers in LA losing everything they have with them - truck, guns, etc... AND get a ticket on top of it.

All the best,

Glenn

There are so many guys up here on Lake Erie that over fish its sickening. The trouble is that there is not enough inforcement to cover this size water. We have a lot of guys getting popped though. Every time it happens and they get caught I have no sympathy and feel there is no punishment to large. Check out some of the bust made on the commercial fishemen. They go over there quota by thousands of pounds. The fines they receive are just a slap on the hand. Just a cost of doing business. Charter boat captins doing two trips a day. I don't even want to know what's going on there.

One thing is for sure...the ODNR don't mess around! There's wayyyyy too many jerks that get away with it. Maybe this example will set the rest straight.

Back