Who's going to take the title this weekend? Contest with prize!

• Thread starter John Astrello [URL]http://espn.go.com/outdoors/bas
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
If you listened closely enough this morning, you could hear the roar of those big engines down in New Orleans this morning. The anglers are off and running, and it's a good bet someone already has a pretty nice fish or two in the livewell. Most are probably only starting to fish, as they have long runs to their areas.

Last chance to get a prediction in on who will take the gold.

Get your guess in and logged before 2:00PM central time today (that's just before the weigh-in starts.

1st. Place - Your choice from the following

a) 1 Tube Megastrike and a bag of custom handpoured plastics (paddletail worms)

b) 1 Custom made SOB Spinnerbait plus 1 SOB Lil' Pop (pop-r)

2nd. Place - You get whatever the 'Champ' doesn't choose.

To enter, reply to this message with who you think will win the Bassmaster Classic this weekend in New Orleans. Be sure and guess someone that is actually fishing.

Secondly, guess the total amount (in lb's/oz's) of weight of the winning stringer (total weight for all three days.

And lastly, guess the Top Five anglers. You don't have to guess exactly how they will finish, but put down the top five.

Points will be awarded for Winning choice, top five entries, and weight (only used for tie breaking purposes). Since I am acting as the Bob Barker of this, my decision is final. I am not eligible for any prizes, but will enter just for the devil of it. My entry, should it be the best, will not count.

You get 75 points for choosing the winner.

You get 10 additional points for each person in 'your' top 5, that makes the actual top 5.

Tie breaker is 1 point for each ounce difference in total weight of winner, regardless of who won.

Ultimate tie-breaker (for first or second place), time you entered the contest with your guess, as tracked by the listing here. You MUST be an official MEMBER of this board. Membership is free, just sign up.

Ready, set, go! Good luck. I've put the link in here from Bassmasters, with all the entrants listed by State.

PS: For the guy's at the Classic that don't have Internet access, tough! You are there enjoying yourself, we're not!

Tex

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/s/b_news_030724_classic_contenders_by_state.html

I grew up in that area of the woods, i talked with my uncle this morning who still lives down, he said fishing as been tough and the size of the fish has not been that great. He seems to think that people are going to have to make some really long runs to find some fish (Venice Area) 2 1/2 hour trip. Water level is off right now around the river. I am going to have to go with

Roger Boler to Win

Jay Yales in 2nd

Shaw comes in 3rd

Hite in 4th

Kevin Vandam in 5th

Total Weight 36.7lbs

Kevin Van Dam to win

Shaw Grigsby

Skeet Reese

Jay Yelas

Davy Hite

Joel St. Germain

Total wt 25#

Gary Klein to win

Gary Klein

Koby Krieger

Alton Jones

Kevin VanDam

Davy Hite

48lbs for 3 day total

Alton Jones to win

Yelas

Vandam

Mark Davis

Roger Boler

total for Jones 43 Pounds

Davey Hite to win

Roger Boler

Jay Yelas

Gary Klein

Kevin Van Dam

Winning weight---39.5 lbs.

Roger Boler to win with 31.3 lbs

Davy Hite

Alton Jones

Kevin Van Dam

Jay Yelas

I'll go with my Fantasy BASS team...

KVD to win (34.57)

Tom Mann Jr

Roger Boler

Takahiro Omori

Jason Quinn

Craig

That's me, sorry was in a hurry forgot to put my Password in! Don't count me out, a miracle might happen and i might WIN!!!

Sorry im a little late 10 min or so but here we go for the win:

KVD (27.5 lbs)

Gary Klein

Shaw Grigsby

Skeet Reese

Davy Hite

Sorry im a little late,

T.S.

Calculations are in. Five people had Gary Klein in their top 5. No one had more than one angler in top 5, so it's a tie.

Tiebreaker goes to total weight. Though you get 1 point for each ounce difference. But unlike adding points, weight difference needs to be the smallest weight difference.

Therefore, it looks as though the winners are both Texas boys, as follows :

#1 bschiles (Brian) - guessing 39lbs 5 ounces

#2 dewey (Dewey) - guessing 39lbs and either 9 or 14.6 ounces based upon .9 lbs in the entry). Either way, it's more than 39lbs 5oz.

Brian - post up here which gift you prefer. Dewey, you get the other one. Email my home with addresses and such. Whichever wants the SOB Lures, go to his site and figure out (similar to if you are actually ordering a spinnerbait and lil' pop), and let me know what you want. If need be, we can talk on the phone.

Tex

Thanks Tex, for running this contest, it was fun to try and test our brains on predicting the outcome. (a little guessing doesn't hurt either!) It was an exciting finish! I had the pleasure of fishing with Michael I. at Lake Murray, SC a few years ago and he really does put his heart and soul into his fishing and obviously still has a LOT of fun doing it. The Texans now have to work this next season to bring it back. Should be exciting to watch with yet another new format by BASS for 2003-2004. I'm going to choose the SOB lures-can't wait to try them!

Latest posts

Back