Potomac Wounded Soldiers Tournament

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herndonpro

Reaction score
Guys I know several from the Nitro Owners board have volunteered for this event in past years. Apparently Lee's original email did not make it to everyone who had helped in the past, so I am posting it here. If you are available to help or offer sponsorship again this year please contact Lee Branham, his contact information is at the bottom of the post.

Thanks, Steve

To One & All

Below is an e-mail that I sent out asking for some help and to date I have eight boats so with that said if I do not have 8-10 more boaters by next Sat, 02 May 09, I will be canceling the tournament.

Dave Willis, stated that he would go to AFFES and maybe help the loading of the tents, table, and chairs.

I still need to hear from Brad on the trailer.

I need someone with a full size truck to help tow the trailer on 12 Jun and a full size truck to tow the trailer back to Fort Belvoir.

Need some folks to help load the equipment at FT Belvoir, set up the equipment at Columbia Island Marina and some folks to drop off the equipment at FT Belvoir.

Doug need to see if can provide the same stuff you have for the last three years.

Bree has so graciously offered to make the shirts again this year and I need to give her the shirt sizes but I do not want to do that until I know if the tournament is going to happen so that is why I will make a decision next Sat.

Current Boaters:

Brian Lindamood donate $500.00 and Ice Chest

Steve Mcguire donate Ice Chest and couple of cases of Gatorade

Reza donate Soda

Kevin Barry

Dave Willis

Benjamin Wade

Gary Hicks

Pete Baumgartner

Lee

----- Forwarded Message ----

Subject: American Heroes Tournament 13 Jun 09

To One & All

I am sending an update out on the American Heroes TX, 13 Jun 09.

1. I want to say Thank You to all of you that have volunteered to support this years event and that I hope that we get the same if not even more support for next years tournament, if we need to have one.

2. I would like the NOVA Bass Anglers to be at the Columbia Island Marina, no later then 0630, on Sat 13 Jun 09, to help set up and get the volunteer boaters in and out of the water and to help them park the trailers. All others I need you there no later then 0730. 0830 We will conduct the briefing and auction off items. The service members will be departing from Walter Reed around 0900, which means they should be at the marina no later then 0930. The in brief will be conducted once the service members arrive and we will then pair up the boaters with the service members. Launch time will be around 1000 and chow will be served around 1300/01:00pm to 1400/02:00pm. The Weigh-in will be conducted at 1600/04:00pm and the award ceremony will follow once the weigh-in is complete. I know that this makes for a long day but it will be worth it!

3. As of right now I have 3 boaters signed up to help take the service members fishing and right now we have ? wounded service members signed up for this event from Walter Reed. I would like to get more boaters out to help with this event so if you know of anyone that might be interested in supporting this event please send them this information and let them know to contact me. Boaters please bring at least 2 extra life vest, sun tan lotion, fishing poles that can be used with worms and liver, which we will be donated and some extra rain gear if you have some. If I do not get more boaters then we will have to cancel the tournament, which I would hate to do.

4. Remember that this tournament is strictly for the wounded warriors to go out and catch any five legal fish. Because we are doing it on 13 Jun 09. no DC fishing license is needed to fish this day. Boaters are required to have a Boaters Safety Card that can be obtained by going to http://www.boatsafe.com/.

5. I fly in on 11 Jun from AZ at 1500 and plan on picking up the tables, chairs, and tents on 12 Jun and taking them to Columbia Island Marina and setting up. I will need some help on 12 Jun 09 at Fort Belvoir. If you are interested in helping out please let me know and I will meet you at the Burger King on Route 1 adjacent Tully Gate entrance to Fort Belvoir at 0740.

6. Dave Wills can you please stop by AAAFES at FT Belvoir and see if they are willing once again at taking 10% off each gift card that we purchase from them.

7. I need to borrow five ice chest. If you would like to bring one in for us to use please let me know.

8. I need the following items if you would like to donate them please let me know. Hot Dogs, Gatorade, Letuce, Tomatos, Cheese, Night Crawlers, Beef Liver, Ice and Water

9. Brad I need to know if we can borrow your trailer again this year to pick up the tables, tents and chairs.

10. I need someone with a full size truck to meet me 11 Jun about 1700 so we can go down and pick up Brads trailer and then I need a truck to take the trailer to FT Belvoir so we can load the equipment up and take it down to the marina 12 Jun 09.

11. Also Doug are you going to be able to provide the same stuff you have provided for the last couple of years.

12. I fly back out Sun 14 Jun so I will need someone to take the equipment back to Belvoir and drop off the equipment and get the trailer back to Brad if we get to use the trailer.

13. CTSI are number one sponser is hosting their golf tournament, 21 May again this year and need two boaters to come and display their boats. If we can get more boaters to show up then they might even let you play some golf.

I am sorry that I can not do some of this stuff this year but after not working for 4 months leave is tight.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions and try and get us more boaters.

Thank You For The Great Support For This Event

Lee Branham

520-226-6899

[email protected]

[email protected]

Steve,

Last email I got was that he was very close to canceling. I can never outright commit but I have only missed 1 year. I can never be sure of my schedule and I would hate to be counted on and then not be able to show. I will be there unless I get marching orders.

TOXIC

i did not get the email. I will see if I am in town then..that is awfully close to a UK trip I have to take....

Apparently a lot of people did not get the original email. Not sure what happened.

Steve

Latest update.....Too bad:(:( This was a great function but I suspect another casualty of the economy.

To One & All

Do to the lack of support for the American Heroes tournament I am canceling the tournament for good.

I want to say THANK YOU to CTSI, Bree INC, Columbia Island Marina, FT Belvoir MWR (Gayle Rea & Mr. Parsons), Marina Jim, Billy Davenport, and all the others that have helped make this great event happen over the last 5 years and for taking the time out of your busy schedules to take a Hero fishing for a day.

It has been my honor and pleasure hosting this great event and I have enjoyed working with each and everyone of you!

Lee

Remember, there is still the one on Lake Anna!! Ken Kirk runs it out of Anna Point and last year was the first one. I had a blast and it was very well run.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back