Seating 4

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
What is the safest way to seat 2 adults and 2 small children (7 or 8) in a dual console bassboat? Lifejackets are a given, but would it be better to put one on a lap and the other in the center seat, or set between the 2 adults? I have never had kids on the boat before?

BF

My boat is a single console, but when my wife and 2 girls (ages 9 and 4) go out on the boat with me, the youngest usually sits between me and my wife, while my oldest girl sits on the floor of the boat (on the throwable floatation cushion for a little padding) right in front of my youngest daughter. There's plenty of room for both girls in the seat, but my oldest would rather sit in the floor.

I took Eli, a friend and her mom on Memorial day (kids both 10), we did the 4 across seating. I've done the kid on the floor between the dual console, that worked till we were going 40 down the lake with Eli on the floor facing backward, and I did a tight turn and didn't warn him, he got a nice black eye out of it and was not gonna sit down there again!!

Latest posts

Back