Seat (s) gone.....how & where

• Thread starter samr russell [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samr russell

Reaction score
'03 Tracker Pro Crappie. Disapearing rear seat(s). Twice, mind you, twice I have lost the rear fishing seat between the boat launch and home. It was there when I departed and gone when I pulled into the driveway. Same Interstate 10, same 26 mile run. Both times, a quick trip back down the highway..Nothing. Well, did they blow out? Bounce out?... I just don't know. Fix has been to put a 90lb steel wire from the seat to the post. Anyone had this happen? If it wer'nt for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
boat%20seat%20cable.JPG

Cool fix. I did almost loose mine a couple weeks ago. One solution while trailering is not trailer with the seat post attached. It'll take a minute or two more of your time but may be worth the trouble.

I agree with Bruce. The only time I'll leave the seat and post in is when I use them to hold up the boat cover. Otherwise, the post goes behind the driver or passenger seat and the pedestal seat goes in the bottom of the boat or in the back of the truck.

Nice set up on the seat, but the real surprise in this picture is a 2003 Tracker with a Honda on the back of it.

It looks a lot better with a Honda then a merc on the back.

Okay, here's what *I* think. I'll bet it "wings" right out. The boat is probably 1 degree or more leaning back, so air goes under the seat and lifts it right out. IF I'm right, I have a feeling 90 pound wire won't stop it, as once it's lifted out, the bottom would catch the air and POOF, possibly off the motor cowling. Of course, if you would let the seat rust into the seat post, you wouldn't have the issue (wouldn't swivel either, but one issue at a time :) ).

Take the seat off the post when trailering.

Samr - Great idea. I have the 2000 Pro Crappie and it has the wider Targa style seats with an adjustable clamp/knob for tention so they stay when tight. I do like the fact that on the newer Pro Crappie's they went to the standard pin pedestals so there is less of a hole/mount in the front/rear deck when seats are removed.

By the way what a GREAT looking HOnda on the back, how'd you manage that?? I thought Tracker only delivered boats with Merc's? And how big is it (just read your profile and saw the 50hp Honda) and how does it perform?

I agree...good idea

I like the spring...mine doesn't have that...hmmmmmmmmm... will have to look into that

Like everyone has mentioned, the best solution is to just remove and store the post when traveling.

I am however very impressed with your solution.

Don't forget that traveling with your seat in the post will add extra forces on your base in the floor and the screws that hold it in.

Marke

samr,

I used to have a seat base with the spring like yours and I drilled a hole throught the seat post and the pole. Then I put a clip through it. My front seat pole goes into the front storage area on my boat so I drilled a hole through the bottom of the pole and added a clip there to so I don't have to take it out at high speeds on and off of the water!

Bob G.

I take both my seats off the pedestals and replace the seats with short shaft in the seat seats.

More wind to catch them when they are up.

Your fix is pretty neat...Grab bag project??

Back