Ever have one of those months where nothing goes right?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
I am so having one of those months i guess. September as been just one calamity after another for me. Heres a list of some of the things that have happened to me. Thanks in advance to reading my rant....

I got a cracked the windshield on the truck from a rock that bounced out of a dump truck. Got my hood real nice too.

Fished a two day tournament and didnt weigh a single fish. There are tow thngs that prevented me really from fishing very effectively.

1) Friday when checking into my hotel i got bit by the owners dog on my right thumb. Chewed it up pretty good too. Bad enough that it made fishing difficult. The owner started giving me a hard time too since i smacked his dog after it bit me. So i gave hime a peice of my mind and took my business elsewhere. Hes lucky i didnt boot that little Mini Pinscher across the room. Man i HATE small dogs.....

2)Got sick on day two of that tournament and ended up hurling off the side of hte boat most of the day.

Smashed my prop going thru a no wake i have gone thru a million times. Someone moved one of the channel markers i think.

Got two flats in two days on the truck.

Lost a wheel bearing on the truck at freeway speed. Front wheel locked up and i was lucky i didnt crash the truck i mean real lucky.

The roof leaked on the commuter train and leaked a waterfall of water directly into the keyboard of my laptop. The laptop is screwed and so far the MBTA has been unresponsive to my requests to have it fixed at thier expense sine thier faulty train caused the damage. Im not happy because i really like that laptop, its the best one i have ever owned. I now need a new one or spend mega bucks for get that one fixed( a new one would be cheaper) and im using an old POS from work in the interim.

And the capper to send the month off on a high note. This morning i go the rear bumper/tailgate of my truck reconfigured nicely while commuting. To make matters worse the driver of the car was an illegal from Brazil with no license or insurace so guess who gets to pay for this one or at least part of it? (i do have uninsured coverage but i have to pay a 500 deductable). The guy tried to run but the nice guy behind him in a tow truck boxed him in against my truck so he couldnt leave( a move i could not have appreicated more) and i dragged the guy out of the car by his throat so he was running nowhere. The cops came and arrested him etc but in the end im still gonna get screwed(this hashappened to me once before so i know exactly what will happen). The part i really love about the whole thing is that bumper is brand new, i got tail ended by a motorcycle earlier this summer and i just got it fixed like two weeks ago.

Thate pretty much all of it, it was quite the month for sure. I hope for my sake that October is better.

Wow, that's some bad luck. Maybe you should just stay home today. Hope it turns around for you. Chris F.

It could be a lot worse Jim,..450 people just lost their jobs at the Milford Proving Grounds this morning...and another 400 from Engineering. Any one of them would probably be glad to trade places with you!!:huh:

Dang Bro', here's to hoping the sun shines on you in October!:cool: Oh yeah, and the fishing gets better without any "chumming":blink:

JP

A friend of mine likes to say: "If you get up in the morning and your kidneys are still working, you're doing pretty good."

Hang in there, Jim.

My dad used to say: He would read the newspaper every morning religously. He would always check the obituaries first. If he didn't find his name listed, he knew it was a good day!

RoyC

Keep a smile on Jim!! Try and remember, there's always someone else getting a bigger bite off the same $h!t Sandwich!! :lol:

On the bright side, the month is over!!!! :D

Jim, its certainly been a frustrating and expensive and even painful at times, month for you. But..... you made it..alive, well, and on the bright side

the Rock could have come THROUGH the windshield. that would have been a bummer

you could have smashed the prop and worse, at "speed"

actually, you ended up with some pretty good excuses for no show at the weigh in!

You didnt crash the truck

and well, the illegal alien. just desserts there

it;s kinda like getting old. most of the time, its better than the "alternative"

somedays the glass is half full, some days its half empty.

For your sake, we will change the month of September to month Murphy.......

Latest posts

Back