Roll Call - NTOWS Get Together - June 19-20 - Lake Guntersville, AL

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK so I decided on Lake Guntersville, AL June 19-20th. I have a few suggestions from this site and others of location and need to start calling hotels to see availability that weekend for reasonable price with AC hookups for boats.

Idea is to fish Saturday Safe Light till like 3pm, do a weigh-in (nothing fancy) for bragging rights and if we decide on some $$, and then off to some place for dinner and drinks, and then fish Sunday Safe Light till Noon for those who want/can, and then wrap up and head home. I will arrive on Friday just don't know how early yet, my ideal is to get there well before lunch and pre-fish a bit as i've never been to the lake.

So - Can you post and let me know:

1. Plan to Attend - Name, How many (boater only or open seat available)

2. Days/Dates you plan to Attend, how many, and if you are open to sharing a room (so i know how many hotel rooms to see if are available)

I know from the prior posts there will be just a small group on this one.

Trep,I hope to make it make it down to the lake sat. morning to fish with you all.Have you decided where to put in at?I did fish a tourny there in march,we stayed at creekstone inc.in mud creek just 5 min. away from the ramp at mud creek.They offer rooms with or without agarage,2dbl beds microwave,fridge,coffee pot and tv nothing fancy but clean at a fair price $60.00 anite $70.00 with garage.There # is (256)574-1462 Goose pond is about 25min. away from mud creek,they do have cabins on the lake with a dock for your boats.they run about $175.00 a nite for more info call 1-800-268-2884 Both areas have alot of shallow water but offer great fishing,everyone new to the lake has to be very careful.Ilive about 2hours away so i wont be spending the nite.Iam hoping my grandson fro Indiana will be able to go with .

I'm very much hoping to come and ride in YOUR boat (or of course someone else's). For me, I'll probably be a late afternoon Friday arrival, unless I can get what I want. I'm probably going to fly to B'Ham and drive up from there. Will return on Sunday afternoon, backtracking.

Tex

Sorry, I'll be vacationing starting the 20th at Lake Wateree prefishing for a tourny. Ya'll have fun.

I would have been there but am going to be on Vacation in Maine during that weekend a the weeks before.

Have to do one some other time.

You all have fun.

Dan

It's looking less likely that I am going to make it.

I am still going to try but not sure. I wont know until it gets closer so I will keep an eye on everything you are doing.

I'm in. It's a 3hr drive from Montgomery.I'm not a TX fisherman, just someone who likes to fish. Never been on Gunter before. Heck I haven't owned a boat until 6 months ago. I'll bring the boat,not sure if I'll have an open seat. I'll know closer to trip time. Not sure on lodging, yet. Let's pick a landing, so we can get an idea on close lodging.

Dennis

Gang - I am booked at Creekstone Lodge checking in Friday June 18th, checking out Sunday June 20th! Thanks FRANK! For $70/night I got a GARAGE plus 2 double beds! They still have other unit availability, so anyone that wants to join us that is a great price (cheaper then the Hampton Inn and MUCH more secure!).

CAN NOT WAIT!

So who else is coming?

If anyone needs to pick up a few supplies,makesure you stop at supper walmart.They have a 14lb largemouth mounted in the sporting dept that was caught at mud creek.This fish makes a 10 pounder look small.

Frank - Where is the walmart??

So we'll be launching out of the Mud Creek boat ramp, probably blast off/start at 6AM as it seems Safe Light is about 6AM that weekend.

Trep- walmart is about 10 min. away from mud creek on hyw 78 in scottsborro.there you have agood selection of places to eat.

OK anyone coming? Anyone staying overnight? I need a partner for Saturday fishing in my boat.

Trepman,As said above I'm in. Planning to arrive on Friday and Fish. Fish Sat and Sun then head for the house. Not sure if I'll have an open seat.

Dennis

Dennis - COOL! Look forward to it! Just ordered a new KVD reel and a bunch of baits from bass pro (I don't even OWN a worm longer then 6 inches!!!)

I don't even OWN a worm longer then 6 inches!!

Aah... You see... Actually.....

Nope! Not gonna do it. (Almost said not gonna touch it, then thought that would be just as bad!!)

:lol::lol::lol:;):D

OK so with less then 3 weeks to go, we have:

1. Trep - Needs a partner for practice on Friday and fishing on Saturday and Sunday AM

2. Frank - Fishing Saturday, bringing a partner

3. Dennis - Fishing Saturday and Sunday, may need a partner

4. Justin - Fishing Friday and Saturday, need a partner?

Anyone else coming??

ALSO - I have room in my cabin Friday night and Saturday night for someone to share the room (though my boat gets the garage :) )

We'll be launching out of the Mud Creek boat ramp, probably blast off/start at 6AM Saturday June 19.

Im gonna I try to make it down. I will probably just drive down. I may try to get down and fish that Friday too.

Cool Justin! Looking forward to meeting you! And let me know if you are coming alone and need a place to crash Fri/Sat I've got room. And i'm dragging my Nitro, so if you don't have a partner let me know, we could fish from my boat or yours.

Trep

Trep looks a little skimpy. I'm still in. Still planning on Friday arrival. I seen your post of ordering new equipment, I'm lucky I have a Bass Pro within 10 miles, thus I don't have to wait on shipping. I've never been to Guntersville before, I hear alot of weed, weeds and more weeds. I'm set up with 12 and 14 lbs mono, right now. And one pole with 65LB braid. Do you think the mono is strong enough. Like I said never been before, so I don't know if it's open water or heavy cover.

Dennis

Hey guys , I fished goose pond last year in july.The grass mats were all over the lake and had areas with plenty of lily pads.Both areas have some deep channels running thru them.Make sure you check the lake map befor you blast across the lake.I never fished in a lake like that befor but after catching a few fish in the pockets of the grass the grass was no longer a issue we started to enjoy ourselfs.I dont know if the grass or hydrila or milfola whatever it is in that lake will be a problem or not in june.Right now Lake guntersville is the hot spot for bass and were only 2 weeks away from being there.TREP,would it be ok for me to bring down my fishing partner? My grandson may not be here that weekend. frank

Dennis - I've now got 65lb braid on 2 rods, 50lb braid on 2 rods, and my spinning gear with 8-12lb for things like Shakeyhead/finesse fishing. But i've never fished it either!! LOL I am gonna make sure my rod locker is loaded and extra line too! Down here we typically fish buzzbaits/top water till an hour after sunrise, then go shakeyhead/Carolina Rig/Drop Shot finesse through the day, unless they school up on the surface. So from what I read we might fish the grass/shallows same in the AM on buzzbait/frogs... and then these magical Ledges as the sun/heat comes on...

Frank - This is an open get together, only constant is the boat owner is a member of this site. So bring your partner down dude!

I still have an open seat and place to stay Fri/Sat night.

Trep just a suggestion. This original post is getting pretty buried by newer dated posts. You might wany to start a new post with short sentence about our get together and insert a link to this older post. Might stir some new interest???

Dennis

Hey Dennis - To help you keep current easier, click on preferences at the top of this page, then click on "Topics with most recent replies first" and you'll see all the recently posted topics. To the left of the selection I described on preferences you can set the amount of posts displayed on your screen. Y'all have a good'un! ;)

Dan J....Thanks that is A LOT easier to get caught up on current topics

Dennis

Latest posts

Back