NTOWS Get Together - June 19-20 - Lake Guntersville, AL

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK Step 1 is complete! I'll be heading to Lake Guntersville, AL to fish all day Saturday June 19th, and till Noon Sunday June 20th.

Now this will be an informal get together, at this point just thinking maybe a small pot for big fish and total 5 fish weighed, but we'll figure that out later. This would be open to all NTOWS members and friends/family, realize that this will NOT be a big $$ tourney, so the goal is to have fun, try a new lake, meet some new people, and relax for the weekend.

I haven't figured out anything more other then i'll be arriving no later then Friday mid-morning June 19th, and stay 2 nights and drive back the afternoon of June 20th.

So I need some help having never been to Guntersville, so let's get to the next step:

- Suggested ramp to launch, as well as suggestions of Hotel/Cabin's in the area for me to check into? I am looking for something boat friendly, ideally with a place we can park our boats and charge up the night. I know the last formal rally at KY lake a number of folks paid for slips, and others like me kept our boats near the cabin plugged in.

I know, its less then a 3 hour drive from my place, and some of the best fishing in the counry, but I've never been there!! LOL

I can ask around. I know some people that go to Guntersville all the time.

If I go, I will have room in my boat if someone wants to come but not bring a boat. I have a tournament the weekend before and the weekend after so I am iffy at this point but hope to make it.

I have a tournament that Saturday.:(

One of these years I'll be free when an outing is planned and I'll be there.

Trep...the last time I went (it's been a few years), we stayed in the cabins at Lake Guntersville State Park.

http://www.alapark.com/LakeGuntersville/Cabins/

They were 2 BR (1 king size bed, 2 full size beds), and if I'm not mistaken, it also had a sleeper sofa). Also had 2 full baths, full kitchen, and views overlooking Lake G. We launched at the state park launch. They would sleep 6 people (3 guys, unless there was some bed sharing going on :eek:)...if you had a few others to go in together, it would cut down on costs for everyone staying there. Nice launch site, plenty of parking, etc and it's only a short drive (maybe 10 minutes top to hook the boat up and be at the launch). The cabins all have outdoor electrical outlets to plug and ext cord into, and the boat will be right at the cabin, so you shouldn't have to worry about someone taking your gear, unplugging your charger and plugging theirs in, etc.

I'll check my schedule at work and see if I can make it. I know most of June is already booked up with vacations at work, but that might be the one weekend that I will be off.

Hmmm....I would share a cabin with someone if you arent a creepy pervert. :D Trep I think you are safe. :p I room with 4-6 guys at the MVM and they are very well behaved.

Right back at ya, Mini :p

Here is a reply I received on Facebook about Guntersville...

Goosepond has the best ramp, boat docks and the best cheeseburger. Scottsboro has many hotels that cater to the fishermen and fisherwomen. This is in North Sauty Creek.

Anyone have a contact at the Corp or who ever does permits at the Ramps in guntersville, and what the minimum is for needing a permit (on our corp ramps here in GA if it is less then 10 boats you don't need a permit, so we'll have to see but want to know ahead of time.

If you guys are around the Scottsboro area........be sure to go just North of Scottsboro and hit the long famous Mud Creek BBQ. It don't get much better than that. They have been in business there over 50 years. I had some about three weeks ago while down there.

Teri...

I'm not a "CREEPY" pervert... just a "little" perverted, but less than Toxic (no plaid skirts, only plain wool) ...LOL

Wish I could make it down there...but it's a 12 hr drive... Bahh!!!

Count me in. A bunch of the bigger tournaments go out of the state park. Ive got a list of the ones coming up and ill check it for that weekend when i get back home.

Well, it's about an eight hour drive for me so I'm more than likely out also. And I've always wanted to fish Guntersville.:(

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back