Come on down! June 19-20 - Lake Guntersville, AL

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK gang, we are less then 2 weeks away!! If anyone else wants to join Friday or Saturday come on down!!

If everyone/anyone coming please email me your cell phone numbers (and I will email mine to you), my email address is in my profile, and so its not sucked up by some spammer its also - mstrepper @ yahoo dot com.

I still have an open seat, as well room for at least 1 person in the room Fri/Sat night.

1. Trep - Needs a partner for practice on Friday and fishing on Saturday and Sunday AM

2. Frank - Fishing Saturday, bringing a partner

3. Dennis - Fishing Saturday and Sunday, may need a partner

4. Justin - Fishing Friday and Saturday, need a partner?

Also, anyone have a suggestion of resturants for us to grab beer/dinner on Friday and Saturday nights?

Can not WAIT!!

Additional Info:

We will officially fish Saturday Safe Light till 3pm, do a weigh-in (nothing fancy we can use my digital scale or someone elses) for bragging rights and if we decide on some $$ well figure it out.

We can get together for those who are coming in Friday for dinner somewhere to meet up. Saturday after the weigh-in, and off to clean up, then off to some place for dinner and drinks, and then fish Sunday Safe Light till Noon for those who want/can, and then wrap up and head home.

I will arrive on Thursday night and fish Friday to get to know the lake, and stay till Noon on Sunday.

If you are in the Scottsboro area, go just north of Scottsboro to Mud Creek BBQ . It is some fine eating. Hwy 72 N maybe five miles. Ask anyone where it is. Good bassing at Mud Creek too!

Lamar in Maine........but grew up fishing that part of the river.

Hi Lamar! We are launching from Mud Creek, so that is good to know!

For those that are in this area and others, I'm seeing 3 maybe 4 open seats available. So just bring your fishing gear. And leave that boat at home. No worries about trailering your boat. If that's a concern. Come for the fun, and let's catch some fish.

Trep- any idea is Mud Creek clogged up with too many weeds and shallow water this time of year, Thus we would have to fish elsewhere via up/down river.

Dennis

Dennis - I have never been so don't know. If there is a better ramp to launch off of, just let me know i'm cool moving it somewhere else, I just noticed that Mud Creek is a few mins from where i'm got my hotel room.

Suggestions?

Trep. No Mud Creek is okay for a launch. If it's too weedy, maybe that will keep down launch traffic and parking. Should be a good channel from launch to main river/lake.

Dennis

Weeds - what a CONCEPT!! We have NONE in our lake down here (allatoona) and no structure, so i'm setting my sights on catching A fish, as a start!

If you have never seen weeds........are you in for a surprise. Milfoil is all over the river and takes any water less than 8-9 feet. Frogs work well on the mess.

Timing is everything......I will be down there on the 29th for my brother's 75 birthday. Sure wish I could be with you guys but the calender won't permit it.

Enjoy your stay down there and catch one for me.

BTW........my spreadsheet says I have caught 733 so far this season!

Hey guys.I fish the big G all the time and Mudd is going to have alot of grass but it is very easy to run! you really never have to leave to catch a very nice limit,go under the bridge behind the ramp and follow the channel to the next bridge,all that up in there is AWESOME,if you do go out to the river,turn right once you hit the river and that will take you down towards Goose pond and BB Comer bridge,the flats right before you get to the big bridge on the right is really good to!! Good luck,I'll be down there Sat to pre fish for an up comimg tourney so maybe I'll see some of you out there!!

Lamar - STOP THAT!! "my spreadsheet says I have caught 733 so far this season! " :lol::lol::lol:

Kacee - Drop me an email and i'll send you my cell phone number. If you are are out there Saturday let me know and we'll keep an eye out for ya!

OK I still need a partner!

Trep - I'd love to scoot out and ride shotgun with you, but that weekend is committed to family. I've had a ball in Goose Pond and that area of the river and frog heaven is waiting for y'all there. Good luck everyone and be safe!!! ;)

Trep,I'll be at Natures early but will headed that way around noon or after(going to get the truck and boat washed) but I got your # from the poor boys up at Caters that day! I'll give you a call,I know some pretty HOT spots to try this time of year!But all you need tied on is a paddle tail,or Spro(my fav) frog,a Zaro spook,and a C-rigged 10" Zoom ole monster,(or texas if you prefer) I would recommend going down toward Goose Pond---like Dan said its really good down there!!Have fun buddy and I'll give you a shout Sat.

Kacee - I had to change cell #'s since our get together at Carters, long story! drop me an email at mstrepper at yahoo dot com and i'll shoot you the new one.

We should change the name from roll call to the "Trep, Dennis, Frank, and Justin get together". There has to be more fisherman out there, that would love to fish the great Lake Guntersville in Alabama.

I will have an open seat. Any takers???

Dennis

Wish I could fella's but my wife, daughter and Father-in-law are flying in to FL for a long weekend. It's really not that far for me considering my last trip!!:lol:

TOXIC

I think ill have an empty seat unless my dad wants to fish. The Mud Creek BBQ is just up from the ramp. I was down there in early may and the grass was everywhere. Im like you Trep thats the only time ive fished down there that i can remember. My dad used to take me down when i was a little kid but i dont remember. Im just hoping to find some fish. Ive been hearing if you dont catch them early its pretty hard to get on them but theres always a chance to catch a giant.

Latest posts

Back