First Trip

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYBassman

Reaction score
Well, after 10 months of ownership and several setbacks, finally got my Magna DC in the water. Took her to Honeoye Lake in Honeoye Ny for the maiden voyage as everything north of there is flooded due to 2 months of record breaking rains. Had to work a half day at work came home and loaded the gear and headed to the lake. Trailered well, no issue during the drive down, launched well, came right off the bunks and slid into the water. dropped the trolling motor and backed away from the docks, then fired up the Johnson outboard and went into the middle of the lake. Found a few small issues like pull in the steering, speedo not working, fuel gauge reading inaccurate and a less than optimal main battery. Then we found at some point the prop fell off the trolling motor after we left the dock... so we fished for a while in the middle of the lake then cruised back to the dock to retrieve and take her back home. Overall very happy with the maiden voyage and now I have a list of fixes to work on before the next trip on Father's day weekend. Next time I'll take some pics to post , hopefully with a few largemouth bass to show off as well, until next time.

Latest posts

Back