putting fish in the boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Bender

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to the bass fishing world and this forum. What I'm looking for, is what piece of equipment will help put the most fish in the boat? Last summer I Just got an 96 Nitro 170TF with a 115hp on it. The boat is reliable and gets me anywhere I need to go. It has a trolling motor but the electronics are outdated. I read somewhere that an I-Pilot put more fish in a boat than any other piece of equipment. Is this true? Or, is it a new fish finder with GPS, or the combination of both? For this year my budget is about $500-$600. Any advice you can give will be helpful.

Thanks,

Tony

Pequot Lakes, MN

Tony welcome to the forum Unfortunately, the local fish market is the best place to put fish in your boat. lol

my best advice............as my dad told me....YOU CANT CATCH THEM IN YOUR LIVING ROOM.,,,,,in otherwords get and stay on the water....I would pick a lake and work it to "death" for a year....getting to know all 4 seasons on the lake....ONCE you learn that,,,and I mean LEARN...KEEP A LOG of the day, time. month, conditions, YOU CAN APPLY that to any lake you go to......DON'T SPREAD YOURSELF THIN...get fat and happy on one lake...BEST FISHES...bob szymakowski:cool:

And I disagree with the statement that electronics will put more fish in the boat. It might help you locate some but the electronics don't know a bass from a carp. (I'll probably get cut to shreds after that statement)

The only thing that will put fish in the boat is a hook of some kind and as bobski says.....get on the lake and fish.

"A DRY HOOK CATCHES NO FISH"

Gotta go with Bobski on this one. Get a high quality chart of your local lake and learn how to read it, make friends with some locals who fish that lake (might even find some on this board:)) With a good chart, a decent depth finder, and a hand-held GPS, you should be good to go for awhile. Then wet those lines!!!

I gotta agree with the others here. Time and never giving up no matter the conditions. Live it.

Welcome to the forum. Best piece of equipment is your brain and a wee bit of luck!

Scott

What I'm looking for, is what piece of equipment will help put the most fish in the boat?

A rod and reel. Sorry, I just couldn't help it. Welcome to the forum, you ask the question and these guys can answer it.

OK, taking this back to your original intent...

Assuming you have rod, reel, etc...you are probably right. A good trolling motor AND good batteries will be invaluable.

I don't know about putting more fish in the boat but, the most valuable, not because of the price, piece of equipment in my boat is my GPS. Finding your way there and back and the ability to mark the spots where you want to fish and where you caught fish are invaluable. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back