Looking to get into a Nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevindon

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
My name is Kevin. I have been fishing for a while out of an aluminum boat and am looking for upgrade to an entry bass boat. I’ve been looking at a 1998 Nitro 160tf. It’s an older boat needs some love cosmetically. It’s at a cheaper price that suits my budget but there’s an issue.

there is a soft spot in the floor right by the drain. I understand this is a common issue but not sure on the severity. Could it be as easy as cutting out the floor and putting new wood and carpet or could it be rotten stringers that require a lot more work. I’m relatively handy but don’t have any experience working on fibreglass boats. I am debating whether it’s something I could handle and fix or if it’s more likely a bigger issue and something I should avoid. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

Thats a tough call. One thing to check is the bottom of the hull with a straight edge or 6' level(not for level but as straight edge). The bottom should be flat, sometimes when a stringer goes, it will "hiik" the hull (bow). Then boat is junk or very expensive to repair.

Hopefully, its just the wood floor, others may have experience with this.....

Latest posts

Back