Proof of Ownership

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THOMMO59

Reaction score
Maybe someone can answer this for me. I have just bought a new Nitro Package from BPS and awaiting delivery. I have a sales quote but have no "Bill of Sale" or receipt as proof of ownership but have been told that the Sales Quote is it, Invoice and quote in one. It has no serial numbers on it and the wording at the header reads " Order Acknowledgment and Agreement of Sale" CUSTOMER QUOTE.

Am I asking for something that doesn't exist? Or do you fellow Nitro owners have receipts etc?

When I bought my Z7 from BPS they gave me the papers to take to the tag agent to get my title for the boat, motor and trailer. The papers had the serial #s and the cost of the package to get the titles. In Oklahoma you must have all the iformation to get the title and tags. Hope this helps.

I received all of the completed paperwork on mine when I picked the boat up. They had it all typed up and waiting on me. All I got was a receipt for payment when I actually bought the boat.

If you have not got the boat yet you will have to wait for them to get it to you to get all the paper work. They will have to get all the serial #s when it comes in. You will get the paper work from BPS sales dept. at the store. They may not be sure what the serial #s are until the boat comes in. The papers you got may just be showing that it is the boat you bought. Hope this helps.

Thanks Fella's

The boat is on it's way to me in another country and I have all of the serial numbers, the transcations are all complete and paid weeks ago but when I ask for receipts or Bill of Sale, the answer I got was that the quote is the invoice, but this does not show any serial numbers as they didn't know what they were then nor does it show that I actually paid.

Like RM58 said, he got his when he picked up the boat which I would think is the norm.

thommo,

the order aknowledgment is your bill of sale.

when your boat arrives you will recive mamufactures statement of origan for the boat& trailer.

most likely a day or so before or after because they are proof of ownership they dont travel with the boat. it would made teft to easy to have them travel together.

your salesman should have explained all these details to you.

you should ask for them in advance so you can provide them to your insurance company and allow you time to register the trailer before you tow it down the road.

i would call my salesman and get him working in my behalf on getting your ducks lined up prior to the units arrival if they are delivering it to your local dealer first then you'll have to wait for that operation to get the paper work and schedual your delivery date.

Joe....no offense buddy, but copy and paste this into your signature line. ;)

Pass on the knowledge, wisdom and compassion of the ages. You have to be a friend to receive friendship.

Thanks Joe,

Just spoke to BPS and they are going to email my order acknowledgment and quote with serial numbers on it. I have the MSO's but they don't show any $ values. The point I couldn't get across to BPS was a Quote or Order Acknowledgement without serial numbers just wasn't good enough for proof.

Looks like they are going to sort it today.

Thanks to all for the feedback and help.

Oh and Ken, nice spelling pick up mate :D

Joe is spot on but alot of times we don't know any serial numbers until the factory ships the boat.Our busines office does may times is take your insurance info and contact them with numbers for insurance purposes.

ken,

all fixed thanks for being my human spell check.:lol:

as you can surmise i don't take spelling to seriously.

Joe I tried to send that the other day to your e-mail...might want to check it.

Latest posts

Back