Orlando in March!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
I won't have time to fish next month in SC, but I am coming to Orlando in March. I believe the dates are 23rd-26th. I was thinking about coming down early if anyone in the area wants to fish for a day and has a couch to crash on. How far is Stick marsh or Kissimmee from Orlando? I have heard that March is the best month for lunkers in FL. Anyone in FL want to help a yankee on his first big bass trip in the south. All the times I've traveled down there and I've never been able to fish. That was torture at Lake Wylie.

Stick marsh is about 1/1/2 to 2 hours minutes from Orlando. I4 to I95 South get off at exit 69 ( that is the old number ) and go west about 15 minutes there are signs.

You can fish numerous parts of the Kissimee Chain within an hour of Orlando. The hardest part is deciding where! Kissimee is still rocking in March as well as both Tohos, but my preference would be Cypress and Hatchinhaw. Less pressure, lots of current, and mats, hydrilla ledges, pads...and numbers of solid fish and some grown ones. Great public access to most areas. A fish camp will keep your tow rig safer though. Good Luck!

Rob

I think I'll be in Tampa in March wish I had some free time I'd rent a car and drive up there it's not far.

fatrap

Looking at Homes out there myself in Kissimmee. I told the wife that she had better understand what kind of Bassin action is out there.. Lots of Fishing days..

toho will be good in march you cant go wrong there. its 20 mins south of orlando i fish it alot its in a drawn down now very shallow some ramps to shallow for big boats but in march water should be up some

Latest posts

Back