Issues With New 2019 Nitro Z21

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on my boats status, received a call from the WRMG liasion 21 Oct 19 saying they would be replacing the hull on the boat. This task and other issues identified with the boat would be corrected and should take 2 - 3 weeks to complete. In the past 2 weeks I have received more updates and information than I have the time before these past 2 weeks. The response I have received these past 2 weeks are a welcome site but will not justify the stagnation of the 11 weeks of information, decisions and processing the issues I had.
At this time my hat is off to the liaisons and warranty personnel at WRMG!!!

Hello Larry, I purchased a left over 2018 z21 in April of this year since purchasing the boat mine has been in the shop longer then on the water, I have had several issues with mines as well, the problem I’m having now is it losses bottom over 35mph and now the shop is telling me that they have installed transducers for 43 years now and they know what they are doing and it’s just something I’m going to have to live with and I said that’s not going to cut it as I know people with boats and they get bottom readings up to 50 to 60 mph, now the excuse is there could be a air pocket in the fiberglass so they are going to contact the manufacture to see how they want to address it, I called nitro and asked to speak with a manger or supervisor and they said that I had to tell them the problems I have had and they would pass it along the chain, so if you have any pointers on how to make things happen in a timely manor I would appreciate them as my boat has been there setting in parking lot since 15th of October of this year. I also have missed fall fishing and number of tournaments. Thanks AJ

Hello Larry, I purchased a left over 2018 z21 in April of this year since purchasing the boat mine has been in the shop longer then on the water, I have had several issues with mines as well, the problem I’m having now is it losses bottom over 35mph and now the shop is telling me that they have installed transducers for 43 years now and they know what they are doing and it’s just something I’m going to have to live with and I said that’s not going to cut it as I know people with boats and they get bottom readings up to 50 to 60 mph, now the excuse is there could be a air pocket in the fiberglass so they are going to contact the manufacture to see how they want to address it, I called nitro and asked to speak with a manger or supervisor and they said that I had to tell them the problems I have had and they would pass it along the chain, so if you have any pointers on how to make things happen in a timely manor I would appreciate them as my boat has been there setting in parking lot since 15th of October of this year. I also have missed fall fishing and number of tournaments. Thanks AJ
Sorry Larry got side tracked should of been addressed Rick.

Hi AJ, I fell your pain. I'm sure you have read all my encounters. As far as pointers ot advice, I can't give you any to expedite your issues for I exhausted all means with my issues. Sad but the best advice I have is be kind, persistent and have more patience than you have ever encountered. It sucks but after all the avenues I took for over 70 days I finally had my eyes opened that Bass Pro and White River Marine Group will move at their pace, period. Question though, what unit and transducer are you using also where is it placed (In or outer hull mount)? Is it a high speed transducer?

Buy the way, mine is still at the Nitro plant for a new hull and several other issues with the cap. Has been at the plant since 24 Sep 19. Was at a dealership from 5 Aug - 21 Sep 19, so again (I fell your pain!!!)

Got an update today, WRMG will be shipping my boat back on 24 Nov with a delivery date of 27 Nov19. From my understanding the hull was replaced and most other issues were corrected. I was informed that if any of the other issues needed correction to have it completed at the authorized dealership. As of 27 Nov 19 I have been without my boat 108 days and it still will be another week or better for the dealership to place all accessories back on the boat. I do have high regard to Dee Ann Glidwell at WRMG. She seems to be the person who goes to bat for you and keeps you informed of any updates or changes. It would be a blessing if others had her type support and personality.

Thanks for the update! I guess it's just the luck of the draw as far as who this will happen to. 4 months will be gone and you still don't know what you have till you get to the water with it...... anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Hello Rick, hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

I’m running a Humminbird helix 10 with the shoot thru the hull transducer with a y cable for the other transducer mounted to the jack plate. When I dropped it off they are thinking that it’s creating bubbles while on plane, or there’s a air pocket in the hull but wouldn’t know until they could water test it and it’s been a little over 2 weeks and it’s still setting in the parking lot so hopefully they aren’t waiting till spring time to water test it. Lol

Good morning to all, another update on the 2019 Nitro Z21. 122 days (4 months and 2 days) from 5 Aug 19 I received the boat back. I will say after putting it on the water it was an 80% improvement in performance as to the proposing and the floor noise mentioned at the beginning of this post. Repairs were made on some of the other issues and some were not???? When I got the boat at the dealership it wasn't the cleanest, no big deal, right. I had a 4 1/2 hour drive home so though I would wash it long before making it home giving it time to dry out. As I looked closer before washing most of the dirtiness was rubbing compound not dirt. It had coated the trolling motor mount, non slip rubber areas, seats, splash well and other areas. I washed it and hit the road. Got home late that day and having things to do a few days after finally got to look the boat over more than I had picking it up. Found some of the orginal gel coat imperfections, a 1 inch dimple in the (New Hull), the engin cown has a 12 inch scuff, 3 or 4 areas are chipped bac enough to show the white of the cown, 1 hydraulic plastic cover fitting is broken, the rewired my direct wiring to the graphs so now I have to use console main power (This defeated the main purpose for power surging) and some other issues. I also was told the broken lock on the trailer (That wasn't repaired) was not an issue?????? I'll repair that also myself. More can be said about this overall issue but I'm tired of writing about it. But take minute and think about this, the boat I bought was on a dealership show room floor, I identified issues with in 30 days, finally a decision was made to send the boat back to the plant 4 months later, they determined the hull had performance issues and replaced the hull, the repaired some cap issues and caused other issues I will need to repair. I asked several times if this boat was a blemished product from the plant at the beginning and no one will comment. I wish the best to all other Nitro owners, I wasn't one and I will not be in the future!!!!
I wish all a safe and Merry Christmas also a great New Year's.

Rick,
What a damn shame...!
Good luck with that boat or on the trade.
Vic
Merry Christmas!

Ok Guy's, seems to never end with this 2019 Z21 purchase. Was going fishing 17 Feb and had to travel 32 miles to a ramp at Sam Rayburn. Once there at the ramp and getting out of my truck to unhook the boat I thought, wow, someone's brakes are melting down. Guess who's, right it was my trailer. Smoke coming out and couldn't touch the wheels, to hot. So it's back in the shop again and just as spawn us giing to peak. Said they were a week behind so that most likely means 3 more weeks without. Funny 2 days before this I mentioned to a buddy how I could back the trailer without plugging in the lights/electric brakes. He said "No way" as I thought also. Maybe something going on with that to cause this issue. Funny also with the timing, I just pulled it over 400 miles.

Sorry to see this. That's awful! I'll be over at Toledo Bend this weekend looking for a good one. The bid girls should have it on their mind by now. Weather pretty messed up here- too much rain this week.... I'll report if Ms. Piggy shows up for me.

I find this amazing that with all the people posting this many problems with their boats that “Nitro Admin” doesn’t pass this information along higher up in management. They read these posts so they know what’s going on. A sad sign of the times, no one wants to do the right thing.

Having recently retiring from one of the largest conglomerates in the world... They don't care after the sale. After the sale, to the MFG, is typically at the Dealer/Distributor. It is almost always up to the Dealer/Distributor to resolve, even though it may be a MFG issue. To truly get your issue resolved you have to convince the MFG there is an issue, only a few people typically raise the issue to the MFG and the rest of the people do not have the time to work through the MFG red tape. By time I mean the massive delays in response to your request. From experience, internally, no one wanted to help an actual customer...that didn't make executive teams happy. "Sell sell sell, we don't want to hear about problems"

This is an absolute fact.

I find this amazing that with all the people posting this many problems with their boats that “Nitro Admin” doesn’t pass this information along higher up in management. They read these posts so they know what’s going on. A sad sign of the times, no one wants to do the right thing.

If you are having issues with your boat, then please contact the customer service department. We are not part of it.
Or contact your dealer.

Contact us for Nitro Manufacturing
https://www.nitro.com/contact.html
And since this is an old thread I will close it for further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back