NX882 PVS question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mebassn

Reaction score
Ok, just got my prop fixed and had Mark C add PVS holes to it. I have 3 med and 3 large plugs coming with it. What plug configuration should I try to start with, what have you used with the most success? My boat is a NX882 with a 150 XR-6. Thanks for the help.

Eric

Let me know what you come up with as my '04 NX882DC was a pig coming out of the hole. I have added a hydrofoil about 4 years ago and i have no problems now but just curious. I have the 150 EFI Merc. I have a 23P Tempest on it. My prop has 3 pvs holes, or atleast thats what i think they are. They are on the rear of the prop hub. None of them are plugged, any suggestions would be great, thanx, Jim [email protected]

Jim, I had my prop reworked and blueprinted back in the spring, then hit a tree branch (submerged) and had to have the prop fixed. This time I had them add the PVS holes so I could try to increase the hole shot. I too put a plate on but the one I have is smaller than yours, it's a bryans foil from BBC, it helps i guess lol. I will let you know but it won't be until next weekend, the prop is still on the way and UPS doesn't deliver in this area on the weekends. BTW whats your hole shot rpm? mine is 32-3400 (initial stomp with the foot throttle).

Never really noticed as i haven't been fishing in a month due to working 2 jobs. If i think of it, i'll let you know......... Jim

I always start with the PVS holes completely closed (solid plugs) and work backwards because if you blow out or cavitate, you have a bigger problem that will have to be addressed first. When I changed my prop (threw an ear) I found out that the dia is smaller than my original. Most people but a cavitation ring that seals the area behind the prop up, I didn't and got lucky because as it turned out that with all of the plugs in it was perfect. It's all trial and error. You might have to adjust motor height as well.

TOXIC

raise the motor all the way to the top bolt hole. 23p tempest with two plugs completely out. one med plug in.. Im running 59 to 61 gps depending on load normally im very heavy.

I got a 23p trophy 4-blade a while back and like it a lil better. i run it with all holes completely plugged or else it just blows out. I do not think the trophy is any better on hole shot but the boat does ride higher out of the water and seems to handle a lil better.

I have 175 Opti on the back of my '01 882. After cracking to jackplates, I got a 10" manually adjustable jackplate. The prop shaft is 2 1/2" below the keel and I was running a 23" Tempest with medium holes in all three locations. The max rpm is about 5400. The hole shot full of gas and two people was two seconds, 50mph in 4 seconds, and a top speed of 63 (gps).

That was on the Great Lakes(alt 600ft). Now that I am in Utah (alt 4200ft), I have a 4 blade PowerTech prop with a 21" pitch and have a 4 second hole shot with a boring top speed of 53. The max rpm is about 5350. I did raise the motor a half inch without much improvement. If I fill up the livewells, I can't plane out without a passenger shifting up front for a few seconds. I call it altitude sickness.

Mike

Latest posts

Back