Nothing better than the first fishing trip of the season

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
I had the day off yesterday and headed out for the first fishing trip of the season on a local lake... nothing better! Everything on the boat is operating perfectly.

I went out alone and there wasn't another person on the lake. Water temp was 52 at 10:00 AM and had peaked at 60 later that afternoon. Jerk bait bite was happenin and a few others caught on spinner bait and floating Rapala. Caught a boat load of different species but nothing big. Over a dozen buck bass, a bunch of perch that were fat as can be, bunch of pickerel, crappie, and 1 trout. I was really surprised with the trout. This is a relatively shallow lake and I had never caught one there before.

Paul.

glad to here you got out the other day. the weather is finally getting nice. the water is starting to warm and the fish will be on soon.

i got out last sunday and got my first bass and a couple of pickeral.

were did you go, i noticed the water levels are really down. i checked out cobbits and canobi today. they look ok but most of the lakes up north and in maine are very low.

i hope to get out next weekend.

GregD

hey paul.. where did you go? Ive been out to forge pond a LOT this year. I went out today (saturday).. bite WAS tough... Hey check my site, I and a bunch of some buddies been keeping the fishing reports update. I am right in your back yard..

www.newenglandbass.com

i could use your reports/help, we can all benefit..

I just got my new 911 on thur, and had it out 3 times already.. still burning it in. I will post a new msg with a pic and some questions if you want to see it or know who I am out on the waters:)
http://www.newenglandbass.com

Hi Guys,

I fished Forge pond Friday in Westford/Littleton.

Jake,

Nice site, I have it bookmarked already! I'll look for a blue (?) 911 when I'm out. You can see me and my 188 in my library.

See you around!

Paul

nice, ok I will keep an eye out for you.. I would like to know where else you fish in the area, etc.. feel free to post on the other site such info, etc..

thx paul (and yes its blue/greyish)

Gotta agree...

I had my boast serviced and got it back Thursday... So, yesterday to check everything out we went to a small State Parl lake and the three of us limited out on crappie... Cleaned them and they are now headed for the freezer... mmmmm

I ususally let all my fresh fish soak overnight in very cold (bottom of the fridge and w/ice cubes) water with baking soda... (a technique I was given by a very respected Austrian Chef)... so I did just that and a few minutes ago they were bagged in small bags with just enough water and no air to cover them fully and then frozen.... Looking forward to a nice fry...

Latest posts

Back