Local Company Tourny.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Fished with my best friend this past Saturday at Caesers Creek and placed second in a small tourny that Progressive Supply holds yearly.

Just a great group of guys that really know how to do it right!

We get there and 6AM and of course the weather sucks...I'm fishing a tourny, it's expected:lol: They have a large table there with doughnuts, coffee and a bunch of goodies that I couldn't see cuz we were the first ones there and it was dark..the director hadn't turned the lights on yet. The light goes on and I'm like, "WOW"!

He says, "Grab a bag boys and grab one of everything on the table"! I first look at a pile of NICE Johnson Controls polo shirts...on to the can coolies, sweatshirts and hats.

Nice way to start the day;)

Get to the boat ramp and remember check in is from 6:30 to 7:30 but, the tourny starts at 7:00 (at your liesure). Put the lights on and it's 7:03..GAME ON!

Ease out from the no wake and decide to hit my first area right out of the nowake and ****...someone's already there! No prob..give them the area and ease down about 100 yards (it's still not daylight til 7:20 and 10 MPH here in Ohio).

Start just out of sight of them and head down a bank just off the deep laydowns and WHACK, I get the first fish! Uh Oh..looks a lil' short...Dammit..14 3/4" !!!

Oh well...moving on. Look over my shoulder and the two guys had caught up to us and says, "Hey...what's the length limit"? (I'm thinkin'...REALLY? You don't know?) I tell him it's 15" and the guy on the back says, "****! See Charlie I TOLD YOU"!

(At this point I couldn't help being tickled because of what I'm thinking).

I guess his buddy told him it was 18" and he threw back a 15 1/4".:huh:

We move on and the wind really starts kickin' and it's getting colder.

We try to fish my big fish ledge and the wind is making it difficult but, manage to stay in place. WHACK! My buddy nails a keeper just over the line. Allright!...We have some momemtum now and confidence is starting to build. We fish the ledge HARD and no takers after about a half hour...so we just move right down the bank from the ledge cuz it has lots of deeper laydowns. I put the spinner to work hitting everything I could! I was proud of my skilled roll casts...reminded me of KVD so I says to my bud," Say Hello to TVD!":lol: I hooked 6 fish down that bank and NOT A ONE would measure!:angry:

1 HOUR TO GO! We fish it hard...NOTHING!

Head to the boatramp and me and my bud almost agree that we're not winning anything with one keeper and almost dropped the fish and left. I said, "Hells Bells" "Take it over and have it weighed" You never know:unsure:

Tourny Director says, "Go to the shelter house at the top of the ramp and get some grub and then doorprizes". (I'm hungry and he is too...so GRUB ON!;)

Nice big samiches with the goodies and a fire to warm our toes! Don't get any better !(or so we think).

They have a 20 foot table that is jamb packed with NICE stuuf! I draw second one (pick and choose). I grab a new TOADS (Frogg Toggs) rainjacket in red and black...SWWEEET!

Carl gets number 4 and grabs the "other" Toads jacket in blue and black...SWEET!

Now for the results...they call second place...hey that's ME AND CARL!:p:lol:

First place was won with 3 something I think and we we're the only two boats that weighed in keepers out of about 25 boats. Cool trophies, great gifts, good sportsmanship and a TON OF FUN! I'll be doin' it next year for sure. Most were caught on spinnerbait cuz of the wind. Just about everyone was a winner here.;)

BTW...didn't cost a dime to enter;)

Sounds like a good day, with some goodies to bring home too!:)

That was looooow even by your standards Rich!:lol:

And yes the Cracker preformed like it should...leaking:huh:

Nice job tee....dont fret. My Ranger leaks too! :)

Thats what bilge pumps are for!

Hey if I can't bust the chops of our Admin....then, who?:lol:

Besides Mini...you know I'll eventually fix it right but, still a PIA.

Tee....that isn't our admin, it's another "Rich". :unsure::eek::lol:

:huh::lol::huh:

Well in that case....sorry Rich E.:lol:

(Insert Homer Simpson emoticon here):rolleyes:

Ha Tee, I told you spinnerbaits would do the job. That's my go to. Good work. What color did you use?

Scott

There's only two..Chart/White and White/Chartruese:lol:

Spinnerbaits are ALWAYS my #1! All my big SM seem to like em';)

Latest posts

Back