Not so Memorial

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene B

Reaction score
It looks like we're coming to D.C. on New Years Eve day. The only thing that would change it is bad weather for the trip out. If someone still has a seat I'd love to come hang out with you all again. I can send my contact info from my wife's e-mail account(my boss blocked all outgoing e-mail at work). I'll also need to get an address to punch into my GPS. Also, let me know what I can bring.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! To all my NTOWS friends!

Gene

Gene - You can have my back seat if you want or I am sure others will offer as well. Send your contact info to [email protected] and I will set you up with an address. Weather is supposed to be sunny with a high of 40. Can't be much better for the 2nd of January.

Merry Christmas to All!

CIII - Both are down! Little if any flow from the plant. Good luck on Sunday!

Ahh taht sucks totally!!! Do you know when they are gonan get them back online? Fishing SUCKS when there is no water moving....

Very cool. I'll send you an e-mail. I'm loking forward to seeing you again.

Gene

CIII my partner coming with me works at the plant, yesterday he said both reactors were on-line. They did have one of them go off line about a week and a half ago, but they are both up and running as of yesterday.

To those who will attend the NSM on the 2nd the weather is NOT going to cooperate. Temps are OK at 38 degrees but the wind will be out of the NNW at 22 mph +. I will leave it up to you all to see if you want to move it to Sunday where the temp is the same but no wind or at least minimal. Your call as I am open to either day. Let me know if you want to change.

I have to pass on either date, something work related came up that may open up a new avenue for me. Best of luck to you all and please be careful.

Bruce

I think either day should work for me. Bill, Thanks for the e-mail, but I kinda wanted your address for the GPS. LOL

A phone number would probably be good to have too, just in case.

Gene

I will give my opinion tomorrow evening as I am going to fish in the WX and wind. If it is sucking, maybe we push until Sunday...no wind is MUCH more confortable then wind....

Gene, will you have an issue if we push it a day? Do you want to come to my house and ride with me to Bills?

I can do either day, but really need to know sooner rather later, as I already switched my day off to come on Saturdady. I can switch back, but I need to give some notice to the person that has already done me a favor by switching in the first place.

Steve

I should be able to do either, but Saturday is better. But Sunday I can stay for the eats, wife has to go to work Saturday afternoon so I need to be off water by 3:00 and headed home. Still plan on bring something even if I can't stay for the party.

Looking at Bumpass (23024) weather. 17 mph on Saturday and 10 mph on Sunday. I am willing to do either day but want everyone to have a good time and not put up with high winds. The way the weather changes lets just do Saturday since that is what we planned. Who knows, it will probably change again.

Saturday it is then..

it sucked today!!!!

let the endurance contest begin!!!

hammer you suck for not making it....

Ooooops! Can't a guy change his mind (again). Saturday has winds at 25+ but Sunday at 12 mph. I think we should change it to Sunday. Can everyone who plans to attend let me know. I think HerndonPro, Carlos, Gunny, Jaws, Bill, Ken S, Gene are in but would like to know a head count. Either email me at [email protected] or post on this thread/

Sorry for the indecision.

Hey man, no worries!!! Weather has a way of doing it!!!! especially in the winter and fun fishing!!

I am in with Bill from last year.

Chow requirements remain the same Bill?

Hey Guys - Bad news on my end. I have one of th worse colds I have ever had (not the flu however). I have been nursing it for the last few days and it is not getting any better. I am NOT going to be able to fish on Sunday unless a miracle happens. We have also had a couple of people back out for Sunday so we have Carlos, Gene, Steve and Gunny coming.

If you don't mind can we skip the food thing in the afternoon and you guys can come and fish all you want (while I sit in the house - boo hoo) We will have to schedule another one in the near future when we can get most of the guys together.

I am really sorry that I came down with this but I really don't think I can make it Sunday and you sure don't want to catch what I have.

Let me know.

Big Bill,

Sorry you do not feel well man!!!! Hope you get over the crud soon!

I will not be there Sunday. WX is going to be sucking too bad...I hope when you have the redo I am in town!

CIII - Thanks for the note! This cold really sucks. I have little, if any voice, sore throat and major congestion even today. I was hoping that I would feel better before Sunday but at this rate it doesn't look like it. Like you said, weather is supposed to be terrible with winds over 30 and temps below 30. I will have passes available for those die-hards who want to come down on Saturday or Sunday.

I will put out a broadcast message with multiple dates to see who can make a new NSM.

My partner and I are going to pass on this weekend as well, weather is more than we can tolerate. Let us know the new and we will probably try to make a trip down when the weather warms a bit.

Bill hope you feel better soon.

Steve

I'm sorry you feel so rotten Bill and I wish you a speedy recovery.

I was looking at Saturday but got no replies to my back seat feelers:(

As for Sunday, Nancy has that all planned for us. As we haven't done

much lately at all, I agreed to her wishes. I tried to get her to just

ride down with me for the food but food but got a big NAH!

Some other time I guess?

Uncle Billy

If the wx in Bumpass, VA. Is any thing like up here, it's a good day to be stuck at home in bed. 20 to 30 winds with 40 to 50 mph gust. Not fit for man or beast.

BF

Latest posts

Back