Nitro Boat Trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash Twigg

Reaction score
I own a 2004 Nitro 882 boat and trailer. The spring on the right side of the trailer broke today causing scorching on the fender. Has anyone had this happen to you and how did you fix it? Thanks for any assistance you can give me in this matter.

I have broken springs before. the only resolution is to replace the spring, actually id do both sides. You will need the springs and most likley u bolts too. In my case i changed everything including the shackles and bolts that hold them on. I ordered the parts from champion trailers and the total cost was less then 75 dollars shipped.

Af for the fender, im not sure what "scorching" means so im not sure. sounds like maybe it needs to be repainted?

I have repainted my trailer fenders once. You need to DA sand the fenders to bare metal then use a sandable primer to put on several coats of primer. then block sand with 120 until all the perfections are out. You might have to reprime. Then go to the auto paint store and have them match the paint. Most can. Then you shoot a couple coats of color and a couple of clear coat. It's not that bad

fatrap

Not to be a smartazz....is that your real name and town that you're from?

Bob G.

Ash, the leaf springs on my Nitro trailer broke and they were only a little over a year old. I called Tracker and complained. I had to send them the broken spring but they replaced it free. However, I was responsible for labor. I was super lucky I wasn't going fast when it happened. I no longer own the Nitro or the trailer.

That is his real name and address. I fished with him and Tom at New Melones a few weeks ago.

Sorry to hear about the spring. I have heard of a few springs breaking but I don't think it's just a Nitro issue. Over at the NCBF web site they have had a few big discussions about broken spring.

Most just had to replace with new.

John

TeriC Is bragging again. Some day I'll be saying the same thing !

Mark;)

Not bragging.....just proud to own my Triton! It's been a great boat!

Latest posts

Back