New Stratos on mag cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julio Santana

Reaction score
Anyone see that Stratos on the cover of Bass and Walleye Boats this month? Good Grief! It tops out at 84mph and it's console looks like a sports car. I'd almost not want to fish it! At $50,000 it's carrying a hefty price tag!

I thought it looked pretty cool! , Different strokes I guess.

Just wait until Mac takes all his expertise from GM and starts designing new Rangers...

Look Out!

wadda ya think Mac?

az

Don't get me wrong...it's a beautiful boat. It's HOT. The color scheme is awesome! But $50K wow!

Yeah that's 50 grand American, try living north of the border and read that article,lol , I almost cried, could never afford a boat like that but fun to read about nice toy's.

Andy,..I don't know squat about boat design,....that's a whole science in itself,....when I get the chance to leave the auto industry for good and go into a new "Career",..I'll be drawing Bass, Crawfish and clams,...NO MORE chassis's, radiators or cooling lines!!

It's cartoons and bass fishin',...I'll be 100% RETIRED from the auto industry!!!...LOL!!!

Mac-

naw...no 'technical' drawings...

I'm envisioning you drawing those sleek, futuristic-looking sketches like you see of the "concept cars" at the auto show...

Wouldn't hurt to toss a few clams on it! hahaha

az

Whatever.......THEY can pay 50K...I'm not. And if people would quit buying these boats and cars that ain't worth half that amount after you drive it off the lot...the prices might come down. I don't care if it was made of gold and found the fish for ya'...

TEE

I haven't seen the cover but is it the Stratos ASX? I've seen a few stories about it and it looks sharp and FAST!

But i'm with Loansharkx - %50 large for a bass boat is WAY over my head!! Now if I win the lottery? Nah, i'd just get me a Nitro 911 with a 250 Merc, a 21ft center console, a 24ft deck boat and a place on the coast!!!

Mac - Your not thinking out of the box enough! Airplanes came from Leonardo D'vinci drawing birds, so Mac designing boats from drawing fish - Natural evolution!!

Go get'em Big Dog!

I'm with ya TEE...

But the first law of Economics always kicks in:

"The more you make, the more you spend."

It's like Michael Jordan betting $1000 per hole in golf...

I wouldn't pay that amount with my current job...

BUT

If I had scratch like Michael Jordan, Look Out!!!

az

Ottawa Canada, White lake actually but nobody would know where that is,GO SENATORS GO, NEW JERSEY WHAT ????? Oh yeah DEVILS, LOL

I don't know ...maybe I'm just old fashioned in the fact,"I nearly have a heart attack when I look at prices of not only boats, but cars too". Working in the tooling industry for years...I know what it takes to make one but, gimme a break!

Ahhhhh just do like everything else...send it South..CHEAP!

TEE

Where you all finding Bass and Walleye boat magazine? It dissapeared from my Barnes and Noble shelf a year or so ago. Haven't suscribed to B&N for awhile maybe time to start again if I can find the address.

fatrap

No bass boat is worth 50K unless it massages you while you fish and guaratees you tourney victories...then it can pay for itself! LOL Even a LOADED Ranger 521 DVX isn't that much. Anyone see the pic of it on pad??? MAYBE 3 inches of boat in the water. Not for this kid, there's realistically only a handful of days you can do that on any water bigger than those puddles they test run on.

I hear ya. It's insane to pay that kind of money for a bass boat unless you just have cash to burn! I have to be honest, I like either the 901 or the 898 Nitro, fully equipped... I like some of the other boats out on the market as well, but some of the boats out there are in need of a face lift to make them look more "modern". Style means something. I'm pretty happy with my 700LX and since it's only two years old and the prices of the new boats are climbing, I may seriously consider just mounting a new 125 on my boat and a new trolling motor (MinnKota Maxxim) and I might be good to go for a few more years. I just can't justify to my wife why after only two years I need a new bass boat again. LOL

They're nice, but they're no Gambler. Gamblers look and ride like Corvettes..................sa

I guess I view it as capitalism! Does anyone REALY NEED a $250k Lamborgini on the streets/highways in the US? Nope but for those folks who either A) make enough to pay cash or B) are risky enough to finance one it's THEIR choice. Build it and they will buy it!

Heck, think back 20 years ago in bass boating. Do you think if in 1983 someone told you there would be a 90mph Allison powered by a 300+hp Merc V-6 bass boat for over $40k would you believe ANYONE would buy it??

Heck if 10 years ago you asked me (was just getting into fishing back then) that i'd fork over $10k for a boat i'd tell you NOTHING is worth that much in a boat!! LOL

Back to day dreaming of my 21ft Tundra walk/thru with a rear bench!!! LOL

Tundra...eh? I keep looking at the Avalanche and thinking that it looks mighty good for an aluminum boat. I like my glass, but darn that thing looks pretty nice! Oh, and Trep...my wife would agree with you right now that there's nothing worth $10K in a boat! LOL

Is that the Stratos ASX cause i have heard they are really fast....... If only i had the money and was a couple years older....

T.S.

Give me some money...and I might just have a change of heart and absolutely LOVE IT! :)

TEE

Mac, I want you to do a boat wrap that is a bass with his mouth to the front and his tail is the motor!! Now that boat would turn heads!!LOL

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back