Ratchet style covers on newer Nitro's

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyco

NTO Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read on a post that his cover didn't fit once his ultrex TM was installed. I'm finding the same thing. When I picked a Z19 up (new), it did not have a TM. So we threw the cover on and headed home. Btw, I do like the ease and the way it ratchets down. Got home, installed my Garmin Force TM and now the port side seems short to get cover under rail. You'll definitely need two guys to try and pull/ rachet. They could have made pocket for TM larger. May need to remove windshields for cover to fit.

I truley wish Nitro would work with its customers better. Customer feedback to improve products. We all know there customer service is sub par. Quality control is not great. But its hard not to buy their boats at the price* and I feel they are one of the best looking also. (Bass boats and ZV). Altho, Lunds new glass boat is pretty sweet but $.

*I guess you get what you pay for?

Sorry to get off track, anyone else have cover issues or struggle with it?

have a small Nitro, year 2022 Z17 with a $595 optional cover for dual consoles. Ratchet tightener.
Fits OK over the Motorguide X3. However, It is really, really tight over the Garmin 93SV finder. So much so I either take the Garmin off
or swivel it on the gimble to a horizontal position. I fully understand your position re the cover over any Trolling Motor larger than a Minn Kota
Edge 55. Believe if one "orders" a Boat from Nitro Dealer " with a cover", said cover would be made to suit the Trolling Motor and equipment,
consoles, Depth finders, etc as ordered.
Rather annoying to you for sure not to mention the extra cost for a larger pocket in the cover.

Totally agree. Its like they made the covers for the stock lowrance that comes standard, if you upgrade your cover is $#%^$!

Have a 2021 Z19 Sport with Minn Kota trolling motor. My cover fit over the trolling motor Ok, but when pulling the cover over the back corners I must cover the boarding ladder first and added material to this corner because it's not padded enough to prevent tearing thru the cover. I do like the ratcheting system it holds tight to the boat better than straps or sewn in rope. I also added 1 1/4" flexible PVC hose cut in half over the windshield to protect the cover in that area. I do feel the cover is not wide enough by mid boat. Even the Tracker Service Center agreed with that. Something I never notice before is the Left and Right side facing Ventilation ports. Always had them facing toward the back of the boat. Works much better if mooring your boat. Also doesn't catch the wind while towing the boat. Lastly my cover did not repel water, just soaked up the rain then leaked into the boat. Yea I know boats are made to get wet, but keeping them drier helps reduce mold and mildew build up.

Thanks for info. I was wondering about the windshields. I feel like I'm cranking down very hard on them with the cover, as ststed before I may take them off on long hauls.

Thanks for info. I was wondering about the windshields. I feel like I'm cranking down very hard on them with the cover, as ststed before I may take them off on long hauls.
The Z19 Sport has a full windshield so it's more stable.

Latest posts

Back