New Member???? (Long)

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
OK Guys, I've held my tounge long enough. Been lurking here for quite some time and finally decided to post and jump into the action (better get used to me I may be here to stay like it or not). First off let me say that this is without a doubt the best fishing site that I have researched and believe me when I say I have listened in on hundreds. I do not associate myself with very many sites because I go for quality not quantity. My member profile is sparse for now but it will grow as my participation with the site continues. I'll add some pic's of my rig and if my welcome is as warm as I think it will be (one of the reasons I'm here is the total lack of elitism amongst the members), I will start posting more and hopefully will be an asset to the board. Now, I just gotta respond to some of the topics that I have seen surfacing. First, and the reason we are all here, NITRO/Tracker boats. More specifically, the bashing of NITRO. I own a 929 CDX (I don't do anything half-way) and let me tell you this: If you started a website about Rolls Royce's for example, you would hear all the problems with Rolls Royce (enough said-critisizm is worth what you paid for it). An interesting statistic, I once had a major problem with an auto and it went to the dealer who, went out of his way to satisy me. When we talked about why, he said that surveys have shown that if he gives good service, the customer will relate his performance to an average of 2 other people. If he gives sub-standard service, the survey indicated that the customer will tell an average of 7(I'm sure Ken can relate to that). As a side note, before I bought my 929 (from a guide) I had a professional marine inspection performed, that's why it is now in my garage and used in my business (I am also a guide).

To Mr. Mann my warmest heartfelt condolances, I was born and raised in Omaha (other than a few wasted years at UNL)and I still have a son, parents and many, many friends that live there.

As for fishing, I have been accused of stopping at mudpuddles on the side of the road to wet a line. I have lived in the Midwest(Omaha and Kansas City) and New England (Mass), and have resided in Old Virginney for the last 10 years (and yes, I am still a damn Yankee). I have fished every Lake, Stream, Creek, River and Pond I could find. I make regular pilgramages to Canada, Wisconsin and Champlain, in addition to my many options here (Potomac, Anna, Buggs Island, Smith Mountain, The Rapp and of course, The Bay). I don't believe in tournaments (sorry Rob it's a long story) but love to compete (that's why I guide).

My real name is Scott Hammer hereinafter only known as TOXIC (I'm sure the nickname story will come up sooner or later). I have a daughter 5 who can fish for 12 hours straight in 100 degree heat (she was actually catching and releasing Pike this year in Wisconsin by herself), and as you can summize, a very understanding wife.

Sorry for the long post but if I'm going to make this my home, I want to put it all "on the table." So, do I stay or do go sit in the corner and eat worms?

If you go sit in a corner and eat worms, you're gonna have a LOT of company!

(Will they be fried, boiled, sun-dried or raw?)

Welcome aboard, Toxic!

me!

You can do both....eat worms while you're logged in here!!!

Welcome aboard, we look forward to your contributions here, but I must take exception with one comment of yours...the reason we are all here IS NOT the bashing of Nitro/Tracker boats. The subject does come up from time to time, and many opinions are voiced on the subject, but it is not our primary purpose, as you have already seen or will see during your time here.

Of all the places you listed where you fish, I didn't see St. Clair on there!!! I will extend an invitation to you now...if you ever want to come to our area, I have plenty of room to put you up, and Mac and I will be happy to take you out for some REAL smallie action!!!

Now....tell us about the nickname....

Scott,

It sounds to me, that your a lot like the rest of us poor fishn' junkies and can't get enough time on the water or in the tackle shop.

I spent alot of time watching and the boards too and have pretty much dropped all but 2 and I like this site the best!

Welcome and join in.

Rip Lips,

GregG

You sound like the average, everyday, normal bass fisherman to me, Toxic!

Welcome....Look forward to your imput! Glad you decided to join in....

Tom(fishfafun)

Welcome, and enjoy. This is the far dark corner, home of the fishing misfits! LOL We're all a little off center, dysfunctional and in winter, down right weird. That's why we mesh so well. How often to you get up to Champlain? We have to hook up some time. I want to explore the south end more. I'm comfortable down there, but need a few more aces in my back pocket. I've been meaning to get to VA some time and the TVA. Of all the over the road travel I've done, VA is by far the "purtiest" state to drive through. But I keep hearing the cost of living is outrageous. That's why if I do go south it's TX or SC for me. Cheap redneck country! LOL But I do look forward to your input. I can always use some info on Champlain. My knowledge is a culmination of hundreds of others. Hung around tackle shops as a kid, not the mall! But hey, since you brought it up, why don't you save yourself the trouble and just throw out the Toxic nickname story now, since we've all been sharing some funny stories that I'm sure you laughed at in private. You can't be one of us until you put out one of those "dumb things I did" from the long list we all have. Is it along those lines?

Oh and pay no attention to Ken, he will use ANY excuse he can think of to go fishing with someone! The guy practically lives at the BPS tank for crying out loud and all he thinks about is fishing outside? I thought I was bad, any wonder he's still single? LOL When he marries, it'll be to a 14lb LM! LOL

I think what he meant is that most, if not all, of us are seeking a refuge from places where Nitros and Trackers are bashed on a regular basis, just because they bear the name Tracker or Nitro.

Welcome, Toxic! As a Guide, you are now expected to share tips and advice to those of us who have no clue what we're doing.

Welcome aboard!

Sooooooooooo.............How 'bout them Huskers?

T

Welcome to the BEST SITE on the NET!!

Please bring them worms down my way, my boys are catching HUGE (for a 2 and 5 yearold a 2lb bass is HUGE!!) Hey gotta get my 5 yearold boy and your 5 yearold girl together so she can show him how to fish for Pike - of course that would have to be up your way, none of those toothy critters in Atlanta.

Toxic...hhhhhmmmmmmmm That sounds like a good story to me. Fill us in and by all means welcome.

Bear

Wecome aboard Toxic ITS always good to have more input on the subjects we all know and love.That being said I hope all your posts aren't going to be that long I had to stop twice just to get something to drink.(I read out-loud)besides we already got Rob do do the long posts! LOL ...just kidding gggggss.

Welcome aboard Toxic,...you'll love this site,..we go out of our way to help everyone as much as possible and we'll also throw in a free slam when appropriate,..ahahaha...all in jest of course and no harm intended. The people on this board are 1st class and you won't find many other's who are MORE passionate about their toys than us....glad to have you among us....lookin' forward to your contributions!

Regards,

Mac

Husker's???? Aren't those the people that peel the corn???

Welcome aboard.... But, be careful some of those mudpuddles you're trying to fish have already been staked out by me...So stay off my fish!

Toxic, we seem to have something in common. A wife that let's us fish. Welcome aboard. Looking forward to your future posts.

got that right!!!...if this isn't the "Hotel Cyber-California" i don't know what is!!...ahahah

Aw geez, not another newbie! LOL

Just kidding, Toxic! Welcome aboard!

Rich D

We no where you live, we know what you look like, we know where you shop, what you buy, what you drive, we even know that you pick your nose when you drive!

But, we still Love YA MAN!

For some reason I just knew this was going to happen and I'm glad it did. The "regulars" (now that's an oxymoron, you guys are anything but regular) posted with open arms and boy do I feel welcome. Kinda like I've been here all along. Allright, here we go (takes a big breath):

Scott, I get the feeling you are somewhat of a jokster and I very much look forward to sone titalating (how I love that word) conversations. By the way, I like my worms sauteed with a little garlic and red wine. I like my crickets fried and minnows raw. The only thing I eat sun-dried is Jerky.

Ken, you did misunderstand me, I didn't mean to imply that we come here to bash, only that bashing really doesn't serve any real purpose, I would never have bought my boat if, after all of my research, I thought there were quality problems. As for your offer on St Clair, rest assured, there will be a trip planned in the future. Problem is with 2 jobs, a family, and only so many days in the year, my schedule is tight. Likewise, I will extend some of that famous "Southern Hospitality" (he says with a drawl)to anyone wishing to drop down (you Northerners need to understand, we can fish in November and December)or venture up (and you Southerners need to know that when the "dog days" have you trapped inside in the AC we have cool mornings and evenings)to my Virginia home for just about whatever type of fishing you want to do.

Rob, I won't even try to tell you how to ply your home waters, I'm a glorified tourist (albeit a return tourist) and could learn far more than teach. When you take out the cost of lodging and food, a trip to VA gets pretty reasonable, no? Am I tempting you? I hope so because we should, and will, hook up in the future. Problem is, you are going to have to go for big Greenies, because the Brown boys are plentiful but somewhat small compared to your part of the country (that's why I head North!!). And as for Ken, where's the sport of snaggin em out of the BPS tank? Last time I was there, they had them trained to pull a squirrel on skis (some places will do anything for business). Not to worry, there are some women out there who will clean and cook your fish, rig your boat, and rebuild your reels and bring you a beer while you take a nap on the porch-----excuse me for a second-----BWAAAAAAAAHAAAAA----ok,composure...... and I'm sure she will answer your ad in the singles paper.

MOfish, thanks for the welcome and you can bet I will help out anyway I can.

T_Mann, how did I know you were going to throw me the Husker Herring?!?. Me thinks we are in a little bit of deep do-do this year. I'll be back for either the Texas or the Colorado game this year, meybe we should hook up. Thanks for the welcome and by the way Ken----I'll buy you a beer if you can tell me what the "Huskers" were originally called (hint: it's not the CORNhuskers either). I can't stand the suspense, they were called "The Bugeaters" How do I know this you ask??? My Grandmother went there when that was their name. Why were they called that you ask? Because the school did not have any busses and the players came to the games in the backs of pick-ups and well, you can guess the rest.

Trep, bring it on brotha, my little sweetie (also my favorite fishin partner) will put your boy in Pike Boot-Camp. Here in VA we have Chain Pickerel, to get the Pike we gotta go North. Why, I think I've pulled some Pike out of Champlain with Rob, Ken and Mac's lures hangin out their mouths.

Mac, you are one dude I've got to meet. My partner was down in Birmingham and was working the tank most of the time. I'm sure we will get a chance to meet and if you read my posts, I'm sure you'll get loads of material. I've got more stories than Carter's got little green liver pills.

As for the nickname----geeze, this post is tooo long. It'll have to wait I guess (sorry Da bear). At least let me get my feet wet before giv

Tox.....who's your partner?? The BPS booth was set up right infront of the tank upstairs,...there was also another one downstairs with all the vendor booths,......the tank upstairs was with the "sponsor's booths"....I probably heard him a few times!! BTW-Can't wait to meet you too!!

Mac

I knew it was the Bugeaters....you owe me a beer anyway!!!

Corona with lime, in case you didn't know already LOL

Tox -

It all depends on the situation.....

My ATTEMPTED philosphy on life:

1. Don't sweat the little stuff.

2. It's all "little stuff"!

me!

Ha Bugeaters, Neeley, swolen #$%@, bugs ha! Neeley HAA! Get it! hahahahahahaaaa! LOL Black flies! Ha

STOP THE MADNESS!!!

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time...gotta FLY now, time to go back to work.

Mac, Teddy Carr ring a bell. I don't know which tank he was on but I know he did 9 count em, 9 demo's in 2 days. He was probably on the Hawg Caller Tank. Yeah, Sure Ken after I spit the answer, now we'll never know will we. Hey, wait a minute, I lost that bet....because I spit out the answer. When I was in Mexico, the locals wouldn't drink Corona. I figured they knew something I didn't. Now I'm sure you would take a Dos Equis or a Carta Blanca, See? Dos Crevesa por pavor?

TOXIC

Toxic

Oh, geeeeeze..... I left the last post to get away from the Black Fly routine. Is there no safe haven?

T

Tox...Ken is ALWAYS the BUTT of some joke... His young posterior was found to be attractive to indigenous insects and as a result he encountered a medical need .... See ER posts here...

ATTENTION RICH STERN:

Please delete that post...I knew I shoulda let it rest with my long gone uncle!!!

Toxic,

It's under the post titled "Emergency Room Visit"

Now let's hear the nickname story....

Welcome Toxic!

Enjoy the site!

Looking forward to your posts...

az

Latest posts

Back