New member hoping for great info

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buick48

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jerry, live on Watts Bar lake in Tennessee but don't get out much. Have a 2012 Nitro Z6 with about 65 hours on it. This is my first real boat my other boat was a 12' aluminum boat that floated.

Hi, I'm Jerry, live on Watts Bar lake in Tennessee but don't get out much. Have a 2012 Nitro Z6 with about 65 hours on it. This is my first real boat my other boat was a 12' aluminum boat that floated.
Hi Jerry! I’m in Memphis (soon moving to central Arkansas) and I’m a 2015 Z6 owner. I will be happy to try and help with any questions my limited knowledge will cover. But there are some very knowledgeable people on this site. Pics of your boat are a great addition to your profile.

Well finally got a picture of the boat, it's raining so it's a garage pic. Couldn't find one on my phone. This weekend getting a Garmin 8612xsv with live target upgrade and lithium battery for my front electronics. Well that's the plan, small spaces for a guy 6'3 and 225. Wish me luck

Can't see the hydraulic steering and electric jack plate. I have put a few bucks into it.
I do have a question for anyone familiar with the 2012 era Z6. I'm trying to put a 12 inch Garmin 8612xsv in the front alone with active target. The screen and active target isn't a big deal but I have NO room for another battery (got an ionic 12v lithium) for front electronics. I'm trying to find room for the 10" by 6" by 4" black box for panoptics, 8" by 4" charger and the 8" square battery.
I was thinking of the engine compartment but no room with 3 batteries, 3 bank charger and power pole pump. I'm thinking the inside of the compartment on the left of rid locker and screw through and protect with bushings but takes tons of room and charger gets hot as crap. (115 degrees after 4 hours when I checked and that's a carpeted area)
I know, problems we all wish we had but I've saved for this one and want to get it in for some winter Watts bar fishing.
Any help is appreciated.

I forgot to say I use the center rod locker for a dozen rods and the compartment in front of drivers seat for and a dozen rods. My wife fishes with me almost all the time and I have 2 rods with same bait. So only really leave one locker unless someone has great idea.

I forgot to say I use the center rod locker for a dozen rods and the compartment in front of drivers seat for and a dozen rods. My wife fishes with me almost all the time and I have 2 rods with same bait. So only really leave one locker unless someone has great idea.
Hi Jerry. I have Garmin Livescope and I utilized part of my right rod locker for my Ionic battery and black box. My Nitro is newer than yours so I believe the layout is different, but you just have to find a spot on your boat it will fit. Rod locker was the perfect choice for me.

I fish all the time with my wife too. She is hard-core. I'm a lucky guy. We are thinking about the Garmin as well. Let me know how you like it. We fish out of a 2008 189 sport. I'm 6'3 @ 255. I understand the lack of room.

I fish all the time with my wife too. She is hard-core. I'm a lucky guy. We are thinking about the Garmin as well. Let me know how you like it. We fish out of a 2008 189 sport. I'm 6'3 @ 255. I understand the lack of room.
I bought everything out of state and didn't have to pay the 10% sales tax here in TN and my 8612xsv with LiveScope, transducer and lithium battery and I'm at $7k for one scope. I'll try to update you but I'm a fair weather person and winter is about here.
Taking boat to a marine electronics company to have it installed, $125 per hour and up to 4 hours to install. I read the instructions and looked at the crappy diagrams and decided I didn't want to break $7k worth of equipment to save a few hundred bucks. I am doing some of the install myself but not much just a few small things that will save me an hour labor.
I used one of these a few weeks ago and while it's not magic I liked being able to see my lure in the water and the fish following it. They are all just color blobs but it was cool and helpful.
There are cheaper systems that work similarly but image quality wasn't as good. I opted for newest and best. Hey it's only $$$ right?

Hi Jerry. I have Garmin Livescope and I utilized part of my right rod locker for my Ionic battery and black box. My Nitro is newer than yours so I believe the layout is different, but you just have to find a spot on your boat it will fit. Rod locker was the perfect choice for me.
I decided to have Hennessy marine electronics install it. I made room in the back for the lithium battery and they said that would save some $ since installing the battery in a mid compartment wasn't something they normally do and would probably cost a bit more. I just turned my motor battery sideways and remounted it. We shall see it gets installed next Tuesday.

Hi, went to go fishing after all the work on my 2012 Nitro Z6 with the 115 Merc and when I turned the key the fuel pump worked but nothing. It was in neutral and I checked the yellow/red wire to starter solenoid and grounded it, turned key and fuel pump primed but 0.00 on volt meter. Any ideas where to go next besides a boat shop?
Thanks hope someone has some ideas.

Latest posts

Back