Hello New member from Ottawa, Ontario-Canada

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorwedge33

Reaction score
New member / Newer 2019 Tracker 175 Combo Pro Guide / 115 Mercury EXPLT
Was a bass boat guy and a little older , some say wiser . No need to barrel down the lake at 70+ anymore. Found a beauty of a boat with less than 100 hours on it total. Looking forward to bass fishing in comfort and style. My wife loves the boat as well - happy wife , happy life - lol!
My challenge is now trying to put another battery in the front rod storage compartment for more battery life . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Just my opinion…Lithium would be more expensive yes, however, great run time as they go full tilt until completely depleted where regular batts will slowly loose power. Lifetime of the lithium batteries should be significantly longer. As for the concern of fire you mentioned in your other thread, you have just as much risk at home with the many lithium batteries throughout your household. All lithium batteries are extremely dangerous when they are damaged or catch fire, size doesn’t matter much, just burn longer. There are great videos detailing them in the fire service, I know, we have been assigned to watch them at work.
Lithium batteries should be considerably smaller and fit better in your compartment and would save you a bunch of weight up front also!

Just my opinion…Lithium would be more expensive yes, however, great run time as they go full tilt until completely depleted where regular batts will slowly loose power. Lifetime of the lithium batteries should be significantly longer. As for the concern of fire you mentioned in your other thread, you have just as much risk at home with the many lithium batteries throughout your household. All lithium batteries are extremely dangerous when they are damaged or catch fire, size doesn’t matter much, just burn longer. There are great videos detailing them in the fire service, I know, we have been assigned to watch them at work.
Lithium batteries should be considerably smaller and fit better in your compartment and would save you a bunch of weight up front also!
Thank you for the wise words

Is it easier or does it make sense to buy one 24 volt lithium battery instead of 2 12 volt lithium batteries?
When my two LABs die I am going to a single lithium 24v batt. One battery to charge, easier connection to the trolling motor, and takes up less space. These are pluses in my mind. I am a little fuzzy on a lithium to crank with. Last I looked into it there are some issues to over come and that all may be old information as there are some advances that I don't know about. But, I will look into it and if lithium will work properly I will do it.

Shedding the weight of LABs is big performance bonus and I realize the cost is more but they do last a good bit longer. I think lithium is the way to go. Just my opinion.

Is it easier or does it make sense to buy one 24 volt lithium battery instead of 2 12 volt lithium batteries?
That is an option yes. My question would be do you still get 100ah. From the single 24v bat? 2 12v at 100 each. Will give you the 100ah for all day fishing. Lol

But what ever you decide, definitely go lithium, basically what RunBob said. Longer run and if putting up front the weight alone is huge!

Latest posts

Back