New business - Laughing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
So.... I was going to give up the IT business but getting into the lucrative drug business seemed like just as much work and more worries....

Well, don't open up a reloading supply business either... Big pain in the butt!!!

I was down to less than a box of small pistol primers... Nowhere anywhere near Chicago was hopeful... So, one of my contacts up in Wisconsin was willing to trade a 1000 primers for some large magnum rifle primers and he had some powder I needed. So, my friend's B-I-L who was traveling up here from South Carolina brought some of the rifle primers he had. He gave them to his B-I-L (my friend) who took them to Wisconsin while visiting his wife's sister. He traded them for the primers I needed and traded a pound of powder from me for the rifle powder I wanted... Got all that... Dealing drugs has to be easier and less confusing...LOL

I sure hope this nuttiness ends soon.:eek:

Hate to admit I've bought into the panic buying a little, but I had to laugh when I over heard a guy at the local Wally world. It was early in the morning, he was hitting the stores on one side of our area while his friend ran a route further south, buying 3 boxes of whatever was in stock.

What makes me maddest is the folks buying everything so they can sell at gun shows at twice the price. $1 a round for ball 5.56?!?!

Greg, if ya start dealing drugs, you'll be someone's prison beyotch sooner or later!! :lol:

I went to Wally World, Dicks Sporting Goods and a regualr gun shop this morning. Shelves are pretty bare, but there is 30-30 and 30-06 ammo on the shelves and I bought some of each. My kids and I shoot both of those calibers in buck season. I'm picking up a 1975 Marlin 336 30-30 next month so I needed a few boxes to check it out at the range.

Greg

I'm still in great shape. Boasting several thousand rounds of pellet gun ammuniton and BB's. Everyone here that knows me knows that I only have a BB rifle and a pellet pistol. Those gun grabbers can just walk by my house, nothing there to interest them or to register. Us fleet sailors only got to play with guns to heavy to carry away.

fatrap

PS of interest I heard that Wally world was going to have their name put on ammunition to help stop people from buying and reselling it. Just a rumor.

Kind of hit the mother lode.... 8 lbs of Red Dot, 1500 wads, 1000 shotgun primers and had all the shot I will need for a while..

300 unprimed .223 Winny brass, 100 .257Roberts unprimed Winny brass, 500 Large rifle primers (shared a 1000 box with my friend) and a partridge in a pear tree!!!

Ran by the pet shop and got a BIG bag of lizard bedding... The tumbler is running in the background now

Still need a few hundred new .308 cases and some .222R cases but not desparate... Feeling better about this stuff. My score today was in a little town about 90 miles away while on an antiquing trip with my wife....

Hot damn. Sounds like you found the only place left in the Peoples Republic of IL that had reloading stuff. .222 is gonna be a tough one though. Have enough small rifle primers for the .223? I got an email flyer from Midway apologizing for being out of everything.

fatrap

1000+ small rifle primers Cabelas had 200 winny .222R brass I snatched today If I find a few more .308 brass I am going to be happy... Then I am back to my normal levels and can wait'watch for stuff I am hoping midway have the 55gr dogtowns in a week or so....1000 of those will put a small on my face... Cabelas has an assortmant of "quality" .224 bullets... I shoot a lot of Sierra 45gr SPT and am down to about 250 but that is enough for a month or more

I am way ahead on pistol stuff since I only burn through .38 and .45 and I can crank out a thousand or so each...

You need anything?

Note to self, when the Zombie Apolocypse hits, I heading to Meyers, Grandicks, or Neeleys....but I will have Carlos in tow. What good is ammo if you can't hit anyhing:lol:

Hey Tox... Ain't you a "goober-mint" employee? How we goona tell if you turned into a zombie... brain dead walkin corpse... I been to the DMV... them zombies is everywhere there....

Greg

I went from 55grains to 60 grain Hornady Vmax in my pellet rifles. One in 9 twist works fine for them. My accuracy at distance just blew the 55's away. More shank in the rifling more stability. Mass vs velocity mass always wins.

Tox

Your more than welcome to join me for the Apolocypse. Bring your own beer I don't drink(thank god I can't risk being any stranger than I am) we'll shoot grackles out of the maple tree with my air gun and you and Carlos can grill em to have with your brewskys

My .223 is 1 in 9 but my .222 is 1 in 12 (old Sako Vixen BR setup) so I stay with the 55 grainers for both for fun loads to 200 yds. The Sako has a best load with a 52gr Barnes (?). I haven't worked on anything serious for the .223 since it is a new acquisitions for tinkering...

But, when the SHTF maybe I drift out to Iowa and we can all "snip" at the ZOMBIES...

Somehow I feel like I went from being "protected" to a target.:lol: As of April I will have 29 years in. Hopefully I will get out before the virus gets to me!!;)

Just remember Tox most the Zombie movies are made in large metro areas. Poor Mac...I think Detroit is Zombie ground zero. Around here a large crowd is when all the farmers can't fit into the coffee joint at the same time.

Greg How many .308 do you need? I'll keep my eyes open.

fatrap

Mike 100 would do if it is Winny or mixed once fired... Remington brass 200 (better quality IMHO)

And if you are looking for anything let me know...

Now for a funny... A Lee four die set .45 acp sold on eBay for $81 plus shipping. Midway sells at $42 new.... The insanity continues... Midway is out of stock till 3/8/13 ... I am thinking now is the time to eBay some excess reloading gear...

Greg I'll keep an eye open. We have my gunclub meeting the first Tues of March and I will ask if anyone has extras. I'll dig around my stash too. I mostly use my decapper and resizer then bullet seat on my 45acp dies. Ocassionally I need to flair a cartridge if the bullet is too snug. I have a factory crimp die that isn't needed if you set your roll crimp on the bullet seater die properly. Forseeing the days that might have shortages I also bought extra dies for my most popular flavors. 38 308 33 06. with spare decapper pins. Also I have dies for several calibers were given to me that I don't load. 6mm jap 303 270 justto mention a few. :cool:

fatrap

I run everything through a Lee Universal Decapper, then tumble .45s are run (usually) in a Lee 1000 Progressive.... Once setup it is a breeze for target stuff 200+ an hour easy. I run my .38/357 on an ancient Lyman True line Jr turret... And, I can get about the rate of rounds per hour... Everything else is on a single stage R' Chucker

Biggest surprise is I have a #30 plastic Le powder measure set for 3.8 grains of Unique for .38 plinking loads. It has never failed to produce very accurate loads consistently.

I am looking at a Chargemaster but can't justify it. Still do my accuracy rifle loads the old fashioned way... decap, polish and neck size... dump a "short" powder load in the pan and trickle to weight Then seat

Get a Lee Universal decapper and a couple of extra pins (they don't break) and even if you break a pin you can still expand case mouths

Latest posts

Back