Need help from the "Hot Side" Boys

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
Alrighty, just found out that when my Mom ordered our Spring trip to anna end of April, that the house we rented is on the Hot side. Said nothing about it on the site, nor was she told, so now we are all booked up and on the hot side. Couple of questions. Is this a bad thing? Never fished there, is there any places to watch out for(shallow water rocks ect)? I also saw on the map, there is 2 canals(I think) that go to other parts of the hot side, can I get my boat through them, or too shallow? Also, we are on Busbee Point, whats the closest ramp to trailer to the cold side incase we want to that one day? Thanx guys!!!!!:D

Mike - You can trailer to my location (Both Waters) and put your boat in there. Busbee's Point is about two miles (by land) from my house. The hot side is a good thing from my perspective. The canals (both) are 16-22 feet deep and lined with riprap so fishing is good in the canals. The canals connect the three cooling lagoons which make up approximately 3600 acres of water. The cold side has approximately 9600 acres of water.

There are shallow spots and rocks on both sides of the lake so not to worry. If you don't have a lake map just get one from your renting agency when you get here. If they don't have one let me know and I will get you one (or more).

The positive to the hot side is there is considerably less boat traffic (a good thing), the water is warmer (currently about 68-70 at Busbee's) and the fish are biting. LOL

Give me your email address and I will send you my phone numbers so you can contact me. I would be more than happy to show you the lake and fish! Let me know the dates when you will be here and I'll see if I can get the rest of the crew to join us.

If I'm free, I'll do a day on the hot side. If you want I'll also show you around the cold side. Never a problem putting some boats together at Bill's house!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

[email protected]. I'll bring you's some fresh candy from the factory for helpin out, thanx guys.

Bill, is it any easier to fish on the hot side?

Dates are, arrive April 27th(Friday) leave Monday the 30th;)

Mike - Thanks - I love that Mars Candy. LOL

Neither side is "easy". To me, the upside of the hot side besides fishing it ALL year is that you don't have the boat traffic, including the jetskiis.

See ya in April! I sent you an email!

Thanx again Bill!

TOXIC. It would be nice if you could drop by the hot side around then, then you can book a trip for 08 with Dad to get him off of Mcotter,LOL

Mike get ready to be spoiled when you fish the Hot side :D if I'm free I'll be there the spring honey do list is growing fast :wacko:

Spoiled why would I be spoiled? I didn't think there was much boat traffic on the cold side in April, now sumer is defferent..........Hutch that would be cool if a bunch of us from NTOWS could be out tearin up the lake that weekend;)

The differance between fishing the hot and cold is Spoiled to me you will see a big differance in the numbers of fish you can catch :) I just fished a tournament Saturday on the cold side and the water Nats where out already and ski boats as well. It will be cool to get together hot or cold side I like them both.

Mike - I'm happy to show you Bill in Va's spots on the hotside!! Having fished both, I can attest that being on the hot side is a very good thing! Plus, due to Bill's generosity, you can always get to the cold side if you want. Don't worry too much about water as there is plenty to run as big a bass boat as you want! I should be around in April as well and maybe we can do a spring NTOWS get together?

That would be really Cool JIM! My family would flip when I say,yeah i know people down here,LOL! Hutch i hope you are right. Since we started fishin Anna about 8 years ago, it was really hard to fish at first, but now we do quite well as far as size but not numbers, last year we had the best year ever, and caught over 20 bass the one rainy morning(the last day there). Usually we get about 5 or so fishin inthe morning, all of us guys go out at day break until the woman make our breakfast at 10AM. And one thing we think is wierd down there, when we go out in the boats at daylight, we're the only ones there, seems most guys down there don't go out til 7am?????? Anyway, I'll have my nitro, my dad will have his, and my uncle will have his bass tracker, so its a Nitro Haven on the Hot side end of April!!!!!!!:D

Numbers? You say numbers? Twenty fish an hour maybe! I generally stop counting after 20 and I've only had my first cup of coffee. LOL

Seriously, for a full day on the water and on the hot side you should be able to boat 40-50 with some small ones but generally around 2 lbs and bigger. Maybe we can make that Saturday or Sunday an NTOWS day and invite all the boys down.

Let's hear from you guys!!!!!

Somebody say "hot SIde", I gotta 50-50 chance of being off, so I got even odds of being there !

Sounds good I will know more when there is a date set but count me in for now :D

Well lets do it! My only problem is I can only do the morning rush, cuz after breakfast I'll be out on the water all day with the wife and 2 year old daughter. I got her barbie rod spooled up and will be teachin her how to fish for the first time.

Mike - should work for me as well re: timing since the afternoon I'll be helping my 5-year old with his Superman fishing rod/reel!

Buzz - Be careful! All of us have gone out and gotten the same outfit to wear when we fish the "hot" side. Why do you think they call it the "hot" side? The winner of the big fish gets to hold the rose. LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Nice pic! Where is that taken from? I see a bunch of pds back there, on Anna?

No - Not on Anna! When Tox went North a summer or two ago! We don't got no pads or very little weeds for that matter on the lake.

Whatta ya mean Bill? You guys got that pumunkey stuff, ya know the stuff that i threw a crankbait into a few years back and couln't get it back out. that junk is tough

Mike - I VERY seldom go that far up lake. I got all the fish I need down below the 208 bridge. Ya just gotta know where they are. Yeah, there are some weeds up that way but not like there should be on a body of water like Anna. Got lots of pads in the back of Contrary Creek but only 1 foot of water and the smell from the sulfur mines are enough to drive you out.

Thats probly why we didn't do so good the first few years on Anna, cuz up North here were used to fishin the cloudy water, then after fishin below 208, especially thurmond Island(thanx for that tip last year) we do really well now, can't wait to hit the Hot side though, it'll be like fishin a whole new place again.:D

Thats probly why we didn't do so good the first few years on Anna, cuz up North here were used to fishin the cloudy water, then after fishin below 208, especially thurmond Island(thanx for that tip last year) we do really well now, can't wait to hit the Hot side though, it'll be like fishin a whole new place again.:D

I might have a tournament on the 29th.....29th is a Potomac tournament but I don't think we are fishing it.

BTW, that lovely photoshoped pic is on KB's boat on the Potomac. We were fishin for snakeheads and got bass...go figure!!:p

TOXIC

on edit....my tourney is the 28th on Anna the 29th is on the Potomac.

Bill, I'm NOT wearing that darn skirt, I don't care what you say.:( If you guys settle on a date, and someone has a rear seat, let me know and I'll do my darnest to get there. If it's on a week day I have to check for Doctor appointments.

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy - I realize that the skirt is floor length but will you wear it if we make it into a midi or mini-skirt for you? Gotta let Mike know what the "hotside" boys are all about! ;););)

Uncle Billy - ditto for me! Always room in the back seat of my tin rig.

Thanks guys, I sure appreciate it!!!

Bill, if I'm going to wear it I want the normal skirt length, just about mid-knee.. That air is COLD running 60+mph down the lake so no mini's for me..

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy - But with your legs you want to show them off! LOL That's why Toxic always wear the floor length. His legs are butt ugly and he braids the hair on them!

Latest posts

Back