Trip from Hell

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
My long waited for trip to S. Dakota came and went. A total disaster. The weather was a series of cold fronts. After the first day I was raising the big motor and crushed my gas tank for the kicker, breaking the plastic cone on my Optimax where the wires, tube, and pito tube for the speedometer come out. The Pito tube was also crushed so no more speedometer. I didn't realize the tank was in the way. Also no walleyes or smallies. Live and learn.

The next day a series of rainstorms shorted out my foot pedal on my Minn Kota Power Drive and left us sitting in the baitstore for a half day. I had to use my little gas kicker with a semicrushed gas tank and troll. Not bad but it gets better(or worse) Next while trailering I slipped off the trailer and fell off the ramp hitting a rock with my head and cold cocking me. I also busted up my elbow. The cold water woke me up. Scratch one cell phone. Made it back to my campground and the storm took my shade canopy and broke it into a crumpled mess of aluminum tubing and plastic cover ripped to shreds.

Later in the camper later I got dizzy and fell against the coffee pot spilling coffee and grounds all over me and the camper. The the pot broke into a million pieces on the camper floor. Did I mention I didn't catch a fish. My boatmates caught a couple dandy smallies and a few keeper walleyes.

Day three. I managed to dry out the footpedal and had a front troller back. It's hot now S. wind. My head and jaw,nose, and sinus cavity are killing me but out we go. My brother is killing walleyes in the 18 to 20 inch range one 24 and a 28 too. His partner is getting some also. My techniques and lures I bought for them. Me I managed a six in sauger and a drum. My boatmates get a sauger a nice eye and a really decent smallie. That evening while trailering I'm on the trailer motoring up to the winch post and I hit a big rock someone rolled down the ramp and there goes my ss tempest prop.

Now today I find out I have a tootache on the side of the head I got thumped on. Upon examination I find that I've cracked a molar and it split apart and now it's really thumping.

Anyone want to go fishing with me?

fatrap in pain.:wacko:

Well Mike, I'd say that was one ill fated trip!! I call those Gilligan's Island trips!!Now that you managed to use up a year's worth of bad luck in 1 trip, you can get down to business and have some great days ahead!! I'll go fishun with ya!!

TOXIC

Well Fatrap, I tryed to get you to let me know where you were heading when you posted about the wedding, we married our baby girl off yesterday, I was out to Oahe the week before you went, and would have told you the fishing was tough......now if you wanted smallies........you really went to the wrong place.......there are several much better locations, and not quite so far of a drive for you.........have a better week

It seems that all the bad luck falls on you so anyone with you should be safe. Sorry about your troubles.

Dayum,...you better get to the DR. and make sure you don't have a concussion!!!:wacko:

Dude - Think positive, you came back alive!!! man what a trip to remember, or should i say a trip to FORGET!

Sorry Mike, its all up hill from here!

Well no fishing for right now. I'm leaving to drive cross country with my wife and son to Bangor Washington. He's training to deploy on the USS Ohio. We taking him back. A stop on the way back to Spokane WA to visit my sister, husband and favorite fishing partner Ret. Col Don Foss USMC. He wants to take me to Roosevelt (Columbia River) but I don't want to mo jo him.

My head is still hurting and have some blurring of the right eye but much better.

fatrap:cool:

good night man! get to the Dr...you can not mess with the concussion!

Glad that you are healing up....be safe and let the wife and son drive!

Semper Fi

Carlos

Latest posts

Back