Hot side report

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
morning all! Had a wonderful time on Anna!!!!! Jimc, I tried callin your cell Friday night and got the out of area message? Anyway, no big deal, I hoped I'd run into some of you.

The lake fishing was 1st class for sure, we caught fish everywhere we went. Caught most fish around the docks, and some in the canals. My brother caught the big fish of 20" 3.8 pounds by the football field at dike #3. Also caught many fish past 652 bridge back where ther were no houses, just beavers:D. All in all we caught 15 fish average between 2 people in each boat, just excellent fishin', and we decided next we are goin for a week instead of 3 days cuz we loved it that much there!!!!! Next year we'll plan better for a fishin trip with you guys one morning! thanx for all the help guys!

All our fish were caught on 4 and 5" gulp sinking minnows hooked wacky, a few on drop shots, but not many, and my wife caught some on her favorite Bandit crank bait, wanted to fish those dikes but it was too windy this weekend. My favorite spot to fish by far was the canal, even though we didn't do as well there, I'm a currrent guy, so that what kept me goin there, caught many cats in those canals as well on drop shots, not what I wanted, but still fun! Heres a few pics for ya's. first is my 9 year olds nephew's fish, then my first one, then my boat at the dock(incase you guys saw me, thats what it looked like) then the house we stayed at directly across from dike 2 just around the corner from that little island. thanx for all the help guys, that place is the Chit!:D:D:D

Anna hot side 006.jpg

Anna hot side 007.jpg

Anna hot side 022.jpg

Anna hot side 001.jpg

Mike - sorry about the phone thing. I was making my way down on Friday and as a result, the phone kept going in and out of cell sites. But it was on!! So much for Verizon.

After looking at your boat, all I can say is holy chit! I ran right by you on Saturday morning! I was in the white dual console nitro 486 with a buddy of mine (his boat). We were fishing canal two when we went by. I got close enough to notice you had the 189 (looking at a similar used boat) and commented to my buddy that those were nice 19 footers! Crap!! Oh well, next time!

As for the house, nice place! Can I come over when you come down next?? :lol:

Did you wave to me? i remember wavin to someone in a white Nitro(2 guys on board) I was right at the entrance to the canal, fishin off the canal side of the dock and I waved and someone waved back, next time yell! HAHAHAHA! yeah you can come over and have a couple with us!!!!!

Yup! That was me waving!! Never was one to be shy about sayin' "hey!" to fellow fishermen. I also yelled "nice boat!" but I don't think you heard me.

You got lucky that the powerplant came back on line!! The hot side fishes waaaay better when they are pumping water. We'll catch up to you next time, I had my daughters soccer game Saturday and a Tournament on the cold side Sunday. Plan a trip down in the winter when everything is cheap and the fishing is still good. Nothing like getting out the day after X-mas!!:lol:

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back