More fun @ Anna

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Hunt

Reaction score
Well, my son and I each caught the same fish on two different days; he caught it first on Saturday and I caught it Sunday morning. Can't miss it. A bass about 16" long with a distinctive chunk missing in its tail. When we catch one and start to reel it in, two or three others jump into the fray and harrass the hooked fish. We even had them take a small bluegill of a lure that he caught one on. Also caught my first bluegill (a big one) on a lizard. Lots of bass and catfish. Water was 89 degrees.

Then we returned to our cove Saturday evening to find the Fish & Game folks near our house. Had a nice conversation with them (I've never ever seen them on the hot side). We had six poles sticking out of the boat. They never asked to see our fishing licenses or any of our safety equipment. I was really surprised about that. I think they were more interested in the new docks that were put into the new cove by use.

david......

That is cool. What lure/lures did the fish hit on if you don't mind my asking. I ask because many years ago Bass Master published a study that showed that a bass would not hit a lure twice inside of a 20 day window, with the exception of a rubber worm. I was wondering how your experience compared to thier study.

Ed, I am using a coton cordell as shown and using zoom 6" lizards - black, red shad, chameleon. They hit on all of them - aggressively!

david...
2004_0504_165911AA.JPG

What I meant to ask was what lures did the 1 fish you caught on consecutive days bite on? Was it the same lure both days or, say the crankbait the first and the lizard the second day? According to the old Bassmaster study you should not have caught the same fish on the cordell lure on back to back days. The soft plastic should have worked on consecutive days however. So did you prove or disprove the old study. :)

We don't really remember. I figured that is what you meant, but my son was still down at the lake and I was back to work so I didn't get a chance to ask him. He thinks we both caught it on a lizard. I know my same fish (one I hooked twice in one day) was on lizards, but different colors.

david.....

I remember reading that Ed, or at least something similar. Then I fished this fairly narrow river on Maryland's eastern shore and lost one of my secret spinnerbaits to a fairly good sized bass. That was in the morning. Late in the afternoon I went to the same spot and hooked a bass of about four pounds. Hanging from his lip was my spinnerbait from the morning..

Ahhh David, one of my favorite crank baits, a Big-O though I guess you'd have to call this one a "Little-O"? I love the silver but the paint is easily chipped off. My absolute favorite is white which I found to be great on rivers. Don't yell at me but I think you should take that snap off of the eye of the lure.

Uncle Billy

I've heard that bass will not bite again after being caught as well. However, the opposite has happened to me. I was wading the upper Potomac for smallies. Got one on a mini-tube the color of a minnow just on the lee side of a rock creating an eddy in the current. I was pitching up stream into the pocket. After releasing the fish, I pitched the exact same lure into the pocket again and after about three or four casts, got the exact same smallie! How did I know it was the same? The same tiny scar/sore below one of the dorsal fins was on both fish!

Latest posts

Back