Okeechobee Trip

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally made it home to take my dad fishing. He is 88 years old and had to sell his boat several years ago because he was too unstable on his feet to go alone. While I was rebuilding my boat last year it was my goal to pull it home and take him. I have a ton of great memories of he and I on the lake. Fishing was the one thing that made peace between a teenage twit [me] and old school hard charger like my dad.

I got into town at 7am today and we were on the water by 930. He put on a clinic and I have never been happier to have been out fished by my dad. It was priceless to see him land his first fish in 8 years. I don't know who had the biggest grin, him or me.

The afternoon trip was equally gratifying and I caught more than him this time.

I am here until Monday afternoon and I hope we catch a 'few' more but if we don't the trip has been a success.

Tight lines.

Day 2

We caught several more today. No real big fish. Spinner baits and Texas rig were the big producers. The weather has been just about perfect.

Day 3

Went this afternoon after a family get together. I caught 8. My dad didn't even have a strike. I hated not seeing him in the action. Just one of those fishing deals. Last trip in the morning. I hope he as better luck.

We have had a blast. For 88 my dad has hung tough and this trip has been a memorable one.

Tight lines

Day 4

Rain and rain. We were not able to go out but it was a good trip.

White, Chartreuse/ bluegill spinner baits were king. We caught fish every trip on these.

Next were pumpkin green zoom trick worms or free fall. We caught several on these as well.

I never got the chance to do a last father son fishing trip, but I too, remember the last time we fished together never realizing that was the last time I'd see my dad happy. So happy for you getting your boat reconditioned and then to top it off, getting dad out on it to appreciate the hard work. you did. Hats off to you and your dad for hanging in there this long.

Latest posts

Back